Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 871 times)

Marchlove

Tinnitus
« on: October 02, 2022, 02:08:40 PM »

Hi Ladies

I thought some of my fellow tinnitus sufferers might be interested in this comprehensive 2021 Review of Pharmacotherapy for Tinnitus.

https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/healthcare/healthcare-09-00779/article_deploy/healthcare-09-00779.pdf?version=1624283861

I was interested to see that zinc is mentioned as a possible treatment and I must say that my 15mg dosage in the early evening does seem to help, so might try an earlier dosage as well.

Hope the link opens, I don’t always get on well with posting links!!

M x

shoppingqueen

Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 04:28:43 PM »

Thank you Marchlove

Mine is driving me mad so I’ll get in this too x

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 05:51:27 PM »

thanks for that marchlove.

i developed tinnitus in february. i began hrt in august and my tinnitus is improving so i think it may have been connected to low estrogen.

but that link is very interesting xxxx

AKatieD

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 06:46:55 PM »

Very interesting, thanks.

I see they say good outcomes from 150mg of zinc, and then later that 34/68mg was effective over 2 weeks. 

But a quick google suggests people take max 40 mg and so I am confused about how much to try?

Anyone any experience?

Marchlove

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 07:05:39 PM »

Yes I’ve some experience of zinc dosage.
You need to start on about 15mg, preferably in the evening and always with food. Stay at this dose for quite awhile until you increase.
I wouldn’t go much beyond 40mg without a bit of concern about your zinc/copper ratio.
As the review says I think, as haven’t re looked, is that it only really works if you are low in zinc, but then  a lot of people are.
I was in about 30mg of zinc a year ago and my tinnitus was nowhere near as bad as it is now!
But I never realised then that it was considered to be a potential natural treatment for tinnitus.
I think, yet again, it’s something you have to feel out.

M x

AKatieD

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 07:57:14 PM »

Thanks, I have thyroid issues too and zinc is recommended for that too but I have never tried it before, so I definitely will now to see if it helps with my tinnitus.  Thanks all

Marchlove

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2022, 08:02:01 PM »

Zinc and lowish dose selenium are good for thyroid.

Low and slow…

M x