Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: post meno ,should I throw in the towel?  (Read 608 times)

Friend of lhasaapso

post meno ,should I throw in the towel?
« on: October 01, 2022, 12:16:34 PM »

Hi all ,
          After trying different types of hrt for the last 4 years I've had enough  :-\ . I've had a horrible week with side effects from fem7 conti & I can hardly function.  It's been a huge effort to get anything done &all I want to do is go to bed.
        Can anyone advise the best way to reduce the patch gradually? I'm currently on fem7 conti 50 patch .
     Also has anyone seen a difference in their symptoms without hrt if they do more exercise?as,I must admit I'm not very fit &do need to lose weight.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: post meno ,should I throw in the towel?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 12:36:44 PM »

Hormones can cause all kinds of problems as you have discovered.  What does it say in the leaflet in the box about stopping?  MayB ring a Pharmacist and ask them to check for you?

Why did U begin HRT?  It may be that the symptoms have sorted. 

I should do more exercise  ::) because my thighs are weak.    :(.  I do get into the garden but rarely walk as far as I used to do: Note to Self!  Exercises helps all parts of the body.

How did you increase up to 50? 

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 05:11:36 PM »

I just took the patch off and that was it. Had a withdrawal bleed but I'd been bleeding for months with it anyway.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 06:07:47 PM »

Hello Friend of Ihasaapso

I haven't used a patch for a long  time but I remember just cutting corners off to reduce my dose. My GP told me that the matrix design meant that you continued to receive the correct ratio of oestrogen and progesterone but in smaller quantities.

Hopefully ladies who are currently using this patch will be along soon to advise you however this method certainly worked for me.

By the way I share your frustration with the whole menopause and HRT experience!

Wishing you well.

K.

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 02:25:19 PM »

Thankyou ladies for your replies  :),
  I tried cutting a bit off the patch yesterday, but today I have a bad headache,nausea and generally feel unwell ,so have now just taken it off.
   My original symptoms were insomnia nausea,bloating &fatigue, also low libido.
  It seemed to help a little bit initially with the fatigue when I took oestrogen only ,but any type of progesterone is making me feel worse, so I guess I'm just going to have to go down natural route.
I know I'm fortunate I didn't have bad hot flushes aswell, so will see how I go. xx