Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie needing some advice please!!  (Read 569 times)

Babytel

• First Flush
Newbie needing some advice please!!
« on: October 02, 2022, 01:00:21 PM »

Hi everyone
I’m a newbie to the forum so hello!!!
I’m Terrie and I’m 52, I’ve been on HRT since March 2020
I have literally been on it all, three different tablets, evorel conti patches, evorel 50 patches and now oestrogel and utrogestan
I am currently on 2 pumps of gel and one capsule of progesterone orally daily (I also take setraline and am on the mini pill which I have been advised to take until 55)
So I need some advice please
Every form of  HRT  I have been on I’m great on for a few months then the symptoms reappear
On the evorel conti I was lightly bleeding (like the end of a period) for two months, had exploratory with gynae and no issues with my womb
I was then changed to what I am on now. Great for 6 months literally felt amazing.
Now I have been bleeding again for two months, the last two weeks like a proper heavy period every day and my sweats, mood swings etc have all returned with a vengeance
My GP is basically clueless and I am desperate to be quite honest because I really don’t know what to do next. This is affecting my life so badly now I just don’t know where to turn
So Sorry for the long message 🙈
Any help or advice would be gratefully received x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie needing some advice please!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 05:15:12 PM »

Hi! sorry that no one has responded  :-\

It may be that the HRT needs a hike, did your GP not make that suggestion?.  Bodies don't get where they are suddenly.  As it takes up the hormone replacement it may need more.   But not all at once or the body has a hizzy fit.

I would ask your GP for a referral to dedicated menopause clinic - not a gynaecologist as they know little more than GPs seem to do.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/syptom diary of use. Let us know how you get on.

Babytel

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 08:31:15 PM »

Thank you for your reply 😊
I’ll speak to my GP about a referral to menopause clinic this week
Thanks again xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 08:36:12 PM »

Let us know how you get on.

MayB decide which symptom you need to ease first.