Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Had scans, next stop, gynae  (Read 849 times)

flossie fiddler

Had scans, next stop, gynae
« on: September 28, 2023, 01:52:04 PM »

A recap, I’m post menopause, been back on HRT for a year after a 2.5 break. Started having bleeds, changed from Evorel Conti to Evorel 50 with 100mg Utrogestan, but still getting regular bleeds every 21 days, preceded by cramp when it’s due.

Seen GP, who fast tracked me for external and internal scans, they took place on Monday. Womb lining is 4.5mm, but there’s an area that is 6mm, sonography says it looks like a small polyp, but otherwise everything looks fine. Referred to gynae at hospital on 10th Oct, I’m guessing initial consultation, followed by hyseroscopy and possibly polypectomy (been through all this 7 years ago). Can’t remember the exact course of events from last time. Does that sound about right?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Had scans, next stop, gynae
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 06:23:19 PM »

How do U feel overall?  MayB ring the Dept for advice ?

flossie fiddler

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 04:44:04 PM »

I feel fine. A little crampy at times. I checked my NHS records to see what the doc wrote to the gynae, and at this stage she’s just asking for input/advice of how to proceed.

Sure I’ll find out more at my appt. Ironically, I haven’t had a bleed - I’ve been getting them every 3 weeks and now the expected one is 9 days late, just a pink discharge 🤷‍♀️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 06:04:41 PM »

Hormones  >:(  ::)