Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Tiblone side effects anyone on Thyroid meds T3 and T4 as well  (Read 1913 times)

Ann Lockett

Hi all

I have tried everything as you may know from my last posts!!!! the lady at the private meno clinic in Liverpool advised to see the consultant at the hospital which I did last week and explained that I didn't tolerate progesterone very well at all and had tried everything in creation!!!!! was even thinking about hysterectomy but she said that is a last resort and can have other complications.

She prescribed Tiblone as a 3 month trial and after 4 days i had side effects so decided to try it at night which seemed to work well, however when i took my Thryoid meds this morning then felt terrible again fuzzy head etc anyone else had this !!!!! was wondering if it is a reaction between them or too much Thryoid if I feel better.

Also very scared as the Progesterone usually takes about 2 weeks before severe depression sets in and will have to abandon them again and go back to Estrogel and Utrogestan,  I searched the site and found out i had been on it for a while about 7 years ago and had to come off it  :'( :'( :'(  so now really worried about the progesterone intolerance after two weeks but at the min feel great on it.

Any one else had this thanks Ann :) :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tiblone side effects anyone on Thyroid meds T3 and T4 as well
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 12:43:37 PM »

Many are sensitive to progesterone.  It's time that the medical profession took this on board!

It is important to keep your thyroid function levels correct - as well as telling your HRT provider that you cannot tolerate progesterone.  Quality of Life !  Some do a long regime of oestrogen and less progesterone. 

Hopefully someone who has thyroid function problems will be along.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 12:44:14 PM »

If U look through the forum you will see that many have problems with progesterone  :-\

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 04:52:44 PM »

Hi Anne, reading up on Tibilone, it  says that it's is different from standard hrt as it doesn't contain oestrogen and progesterone but is a synthetic steroid with estrogenic, progestagenic and androgenic properties. I wonder if that's why your consultant prescribed it? It might be an idea to have a chat to her and see what you can expect?

AKatieD

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 08:46:39 PM »

I am post menopausal and take T3 and HRT: oestrogel, crinone (a bioidentical progesterone), vagirux, ovestin.

I dont tolerate Utrogestan so Crinone has been a life saver through a private consultant, even though it sends g.p. hysterical as it is a non -standard treatment.

All seems to work fine although expensive as NHS wont help. Had to double T3 dose when started HRT which has also increased cost as NHS wont supply.

katyh75

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 11:55:30 PM »

How are you doing on the Tibolone? Have your side effects settled?

I'm three weeks into trying half a tablet and am experiencing low mood. This isn't new for me as it's my main symptom but I don't tolerate progesterone very well and I'm concerned that I might be sinking because of the Tibolone.

My mood difficulties are cyclical and I should usually perk up over the next few days - I guess I've just got to wait and see.

Eva

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 09:01:38 AM »

How are you doing on the Tibolone? Have your side effects settled?

I'm three weeks into trying half a tablet and am experiencing low mood. This isn't new for me as it's my main symptom but I don't tolerate progesterone very well and I'm concerned that I might be sinking because of the Tibolone.

My mood difficulties are cyclical and I should usually perk up over the next few days - I guess I've just got to wait and see.

Hello, I know this is an old topic but I’m really interested to know how you got on with Tibolone. I’m in the same boat with the progesterone problem and would love to know if you’re still taking it?

katyh75

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2023, 09:33:07 PM »

Hello! Sorry months late to your reply. I was taking Tibolone until about a month ago and whilst I felt flatter than usual on it, it wasn't too bad overall.

I had to switch because I'm now in chemical menopause and it wasn't giving be enough protection against symptoms of low oestrogen so now I'm on 50 patches and Utrogestan and struggling to adapt to that.