Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: reducing HRT  (Read 743 times)

moonbeam121167

reducing HRT
« on: October 01, 2022, 09:15:49 AM »

Can anyone help please, been on 2mg of HRT for 10 years after my total hysterectomy but I have put on nearly 2 stone in the last few years and now in the last few months getting bad skin, was wondering is it time to maybe reduce my dose of HRT to 1mg, and advice please.

Limpy

Re: reducing HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 09:30:21 AM »

What HRT are you using?
Perhaps it's time for a change, i.e. from pills to patches.
How are you feeling apart from the weight gain?

moonbeam121167

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 11:54:16 AM »

I am using Zumeron 2mg estrogen only, have down for 10 yrs nearly. I feel ok just nearly 2 stone overweight and now my face especially around my nose chin is covered with red sore spots, I do still have a major hot flush about 1 or 2  a month.

amandapope

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 01:45:37 PM »

I had a total hysterectomy 6 years ago and have been on Elleste Solo 1mg since.  I am suddenly experiencing hair loss and my GP has advised that I stop taking the HRT,  but I am 56, you may be somewhat younger.  I am nervous about stopping in case the drop in oestrogen makes my hair loss worse, so I am still taking it while trying to research options.

It is strange that symptoms can come on so many years on isn’t it.  For you, I would definitely try reducing to 1mg and see if that helps, I started on 2mg but dropped down to 1mg within a few months of surgery as it was too high dose for me.  As your surgery was 10 years ago, providing you are heading towards normal menopause age I would definitely give it a try.