Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Why can’t they sort me out  (Read 997 times)

Michele

Why can’t they sort me out
« on: October 04, 2022, 08:59:29 AM »

I’ve had lots of problems over the last couple of years. Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, flooding on hrt, thik lining, ovarian cyst as well as precancerous growths removed from my bowel.
My cyst at the moment is 5cm and my lining is 11mm.
I was on Everol Conti by gp has now taken me off my hrt and put me back on the mini pill to try and bring the thickness down and to try and stop the bleeding.
Two months in and 3 bleeds later… I keep getting pain on my left and right side, close to my hips, it’s really painful and sharp, it does come and go but it’s really painful. The last bleed has now been going on a week it drive me mad. I’m having to sleep in the spare room with a mattress protector, massive bath towel on the bed and the biggest sanitary towel possible and still managing to flood. I can feel it everytime I move.
I’m awaiting new scans now to see if the lining and cyst have gone down, should be this month but who knows.
I feel in the last couple of years I’ve come full circle. Post menopausal took off mini pill put on hrt, changed hrt, back on mini pill with scans and hormone consultants along the way.
Im 52 and to be honest I just want to say take everything away I don’t need any of it anymore just do a full hysterectomy, it’s getting me down so much, I don’t know what to do anymore, I feel that I’m bothering my gp when I ring them but I just need to put a stop to all of this.
Any advice welcome.

Rocky

Re: Why can’t they sort me out
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 10:42:12 AM »

Hi Michele, I went through this at menopause, thought I was haemoraging at one point. Bleeding then stopped until I was 63 and it was terrible agian. Ended up with a hysterectomy, might be your only option.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 10:55:05 AM »

Hi Michele. I think your bleeds would be heavy with a lining of 11mm so hopefully your next scan will show that it's thinned down. Have you considered the Mirena coil? Also I wondered how you knew that you were post meno if you were on the mini pill?

Taz x  :hug:

Michele

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 11:15:46 AM »

Hi Taz, my Gynae did an operation and my ovaries are like shrivelled raisins and not plump grapes.
I had an mri too that shows the sizes of my ovaries.