Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Feeling cold on hrt  (Read 2566 times)

KACICOX

• First Flush
Feeling cold on hrt
« on: October 04, 2022, 09:53:46 PM »

Hi everybody,

I’m coming to an end of my first 3 months on evorel sequi. Half way through I have started to feel extremely cold every evening I go to bed. I have to wear socks, jumper and a hot water bottle to bed otherwise I just shiver. When I’m moving in the daytime I feel fine. But even if I lie down through the day, if I need a rest, I end up freezing cold. Has anyone experienced this on hrt? My one got flash a day in the early morning has gone , but no I’m freezing …. Thank you for sharing your experiences Katie

Marchlove

Re: Feeling cold on hrt
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 09:59:35 PM »

Hi Katie

From what you’ve described there’s a possibility that you might be hypothyroid.
Do you have any other symptoms?

M x

Bandango42

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 05:57:38 AM »

Hi there

I've just finished my 1st month on an increase of oestrogen from 25mg to 50mg and I'm having the same problem. I am freezing most of the time even though its not even that cold, my house is pretty much at a constant 18 degrees but having to wear 3 layers, socks and use an electric blanket, even in the day! I'm wondering if it's low blood pressure, which I suffer from anyway but it's definitely a change from feeling warm all the time. I'd also be interested to know if anyone else has this problem x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 08:22:28 AM »

I wonder if it is hormonal. I have had these bouts of being really cold when it was not a cold day. I tend to get more cold flashes then hot ones too. I am sorry you are going through this.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 08:30:31 AM »

It could be thyroid disfunction.  Do get your bloods tested and let us know.

When I took 'tamoxifen' for 3 months I had cold flushes  >:(

KACICOX

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 01:34:36 PM »

Hi Katie

From what you’ve described there’s a possibility that you might be hypothyroid.
Do you have any other symptoms?

M x

Hi, I had my thyroid checked before we started HRT. I’ve been through all the bloods and test possible after out of blue suffering from a constant migrane like headache. I am convinced now this problem is from the hrt. Also having problems sleeping in the morning. At 4 am it’s like someone switched a light on in my head and that’s it no more sleep for me….😭😭😭

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 01:58:03 PM »

Perhaps this one does not suit you and you can try another. They say to give it 3 months and you have done that now.