Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cortisol surges  (Read 760 times)

discogirl

Cortisol surges
« on: October 13, 2022, 08:07:15 PM »

Ive been on estraderm 37.5mcg things going ok, at least in the right direction. I couldnt get hold of my estraderm 25s (wore patch and a half) so i got the 50s (after quite a battle with my pharmacist who insisted the patches shouldnt be cut)

Anyway my gp said why not try the 50s its only 12.5mcg more. So i did  but it didnt feel right on the full 50 and i wanted to go low and slow anyway so today back on 37.5mcg.

Now i know with all the chopping and changing im going to get some kick back but all day ive been having off and on really bad cortisol surges tonight too.

Does anyone have any tips on how to control them. Thanks xx

Dandelion

Re: Cortisol surges
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 08:41:28 PM »

Ive been on estraderm 37.5mcg things going ok, at least in the right direction. I couldnt get hold of my estraderm 25s (wore patch and a half) so i got the 50s (after quite a battle with my pharmacist who insisted the patches shouldnt be cut)

Anyway my gp said why not try the 50s its only 12.5mcg more. So i did  but it didnt feel right on the full 50 and i wanted to go low and slow anyway so today back on 37.5mcg.

Now i know with all the chopping and changing im going to get some kick back but all day ive been having off and on really bad cortisol surges tonight too.

Does anyone have any tips on how to control them. Thanks xx
I'm sorry I don't but I am interested to know also, I increased evorel to 100mcg and still get them in bed.

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 07:22:25 AM »

Hi

I get the same in the mornings. It’s an awful feeling. No idea what to do to help though!
Just know we aren’t alone.

Nik xx

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 02:09:54 PM »

Hello discogirl

Surges ( of whatever chemical it is ) have been the bain of my life since becoming post meno.

It is hard to know whether it is the actual amount of hormone that is causing the issue or just the change in dose. I did a cortisol blood test a while ago and the results were normal so  for me it is definitely not cortisol that is responsible for the surges.

I hope this helps in some way and I wish you well.

K.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 02:40:41 PM »

I had surges … not sure what they were… when my oestrogen wasn’t high enough. x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 04:17:34 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Dotty - I am sure that you are right about Oestrogen levels. Unfortunately on a higher dose I had tender breasts and extensive bleeding and I think that is quite common.

The world would be a better place if we could all find just the right level of hormones!

Wishing you well ladies and take care

K.