Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Estradot 50 - experiences pls  (Read 812 times)

Emsie

Estradot 50 - experiences pls
« on: September 29, 2022, 09:53:01 AM »

Hi

I am 49 and just gone onto Estradot 50 - doc said I can increase by 25mg to 2 patches if required.

I have used HRT before, but didnt get on with it, so had a break now starting something new.

I have utrogestan for progesterone, which bit unsure on as didn't get on with this last time...but said I would give it another go.

Can anyone who uses this let me know how they got on with this patch, and important when did your symptoms (mine are mainly anxiety, low mood and irritability and boy does my body have stiff joints etc) start to ease.

Thanks ladies. x

Nik2502

Re: Estradot 50 - experiences pls
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 03:49:07 PM »

Hi

I started on Estradot 75 and felt better after about a week.  After about six months I had residual low mood and increase to 100. Felt better after about a month

Nik x

Pippa52

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 05:40:43 PM »

Hi Emsie for me personally neither Estradot or Evorel worked.  I got a huge hit on the first day and felt very jittery and bad migraines and then by the 3rd day it seemed to have run out. I  think I must absorb it really fast so have gone back onto Oestrogel which I apply daily and works for me best.  I know the patches suit lots of ladies and it's a matter of finding out which method of administration suits you best.  Hope so much  Estradot work well for you.  I did like how tiny the patches were and how well they stayed stuck  xx

Emsie

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 06:04:11 AM »

Thanks ladies. Anxiety worse this morning but manageable, will see how things go over time.

Xx

Stella2

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 07:20:15 AM »

Hi Emsie,
I really like Estradot, so small and sticks really well. My main issue were hot flushes and started on Sandrena gel and Utrogestan. First attempt was awful, stopped after 4 days due to the side effects- jittery and extremely low mood. Later on I realised that I was not ready and that I was too scared and actually contributed to the side effects myself. I used the same prescription 3 months later and all was fine from the start. It took some time to get the full effect. I changed to Estradot for more even release of oestrogen and it works quite well. The only problem was that i was given 75, what was too high and my breasts became very painful. I am cutting the patch now and taking, I would say, just above 50.