Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Gel how long before increase  (Read 646 times)

shoppingqueen

Gel how long before increase
« on: October 01, 2022, 05:37:45 AM »

Hello everyone

I’ve tried and tried with patches and have had to go back to gel (my previous regime) as I’m not absorbing.

I’m post meno and previously on 3 pumps. I’ve had 4 days back on but am having the early waking flushing and head ****les. I’m using 3 pumps as before (2 morning, 1 evening).

How long till I see this impact? Or should I go up to 4 pumps now?

I’ve been unable to tolerate utrogestan so am due to start on Provera and awaiting prescription. I’ve not had any prog for 2 days. Can this also be a cause of the flushing as I’ve read progesterone can reduce flushing.

I know things take time but wondered at this stage what I should do! Stick with 3 and ride it out or how long before moving to 4 pumps?

Thanks for any help

SQ x

Nik2502

Re: Gel how long before increase
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 06:05:26 PM »

Hi

I’d wait before increasing further. It usually takes me at least two weeks to feel the benefits of an increase.

N x

shoppingqueen

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 07:05:19 PM »

Thank you Nik2502

I’m just in that state where I’m panicking I think having had a number of years all settled on my dose, then had to go to patch because of the shortage. I did like the thought of the patch as I’d felt it was more steady (sometimes feel a spike with gel) but my symptoms are raging again. Eek 8 years on HRT and the awful symptoms still lurking in the background. I was hoping I was ‘over’ it!

Thank you for your advice. I need to stop panicking. Hope all is well with you x

Nik2502

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 08:50:19 PM »

No problem.
I’m much like you - 12 years on HRT and still have to tweak the dose every few months. It’s not the miracle that a lot of people think it is!
It’s hard when your symptoms are bad and you just want to feel better but I’ve increased early before and ended up on too much oestrogen - makes me feel shaky, anxious, tearful, paranoid - it’s awful.
It’s just finding the right baiance x

shoppingqueen

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 11:52:14 AM »

Thanks Nik

It’s just the reminder I needed to slow my horses! I agree it’s not the silver bullet is it and the goal
Posts constantly move! Hope you are balanced and thanks again for helping x