Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: I cant keep this up  (Read 3995 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I cant keep this up
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2022, 06:53:17 PM »

The medical profession is too set in what they will/won't prescribe, forgetting that patients know their bodies best! 

If one cannot tolerate a medication then we shouldn't be pushed into continuing with it.  Progesterone can protect the womb, however - if we need to stop using this as part of HRT then regular scans can give an idea as to the womb health.  What's to say that any one who stops *will* get cancer?  'tamoxifen' almost killed me  :-\ so I stopped taking it, prescribed on an 'in case' basis.  It actually caused problems for a friend who continued with the drug .........  :-\ :'( so we aren't and should not be treated the same.  There should be discussion between patients with suitably designed scans etc. when necessary.

I was thinking this evening: MIND charity are really good at giving support, when my friend ended his Life I contacted them and surprisingly the charity kept in touch with me for about 12 months, offering 1-1 tea and a chat to e-mailing.

Some Charities do a 'sit in ' service for when carers need a break. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 09:10:15 AM by CLKD »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2022, 08:12:00 PM »

Oh Flossie

What a struggle you have. I do hope they find the right think for you.

I feel very strongly I'd like to keep esteogel as it's made a huge difference.
My mental health wobbles quite a bit.. to me that seems normal reaction to my wonky health and some if the things that have happened. But it is never the way the progesterone makes me .. just not that intense.

It's a shame there isn't an answer for us both. My head is settling a bit now so will be able to email and articulate things better to my GP tmrw.

I will in a few days read the threads about menopause without hrt looking for ideas.

Thank you.. you and ckld..talked me off the cliff these last few days.. such a comfort..

Thank you. I really could feel what you are going through which is why I had to reply to your thread.

It is a relief you do not usually feel as low as the progesterone makes you feel. I am glad your head is settling a bit more. I think you should take your time and not put any pressure on yourself.

I totally agree with everything CLKD said.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2022, 08:12:39 PM »

The medical profession as so set in what they will/won't prescribe, forgetting that patients know their bodies best! 

If one cannot tolerate a medication then we shouldn't be pushed into continuing with it.  Progesterone can protect the womb, however - if we need to stop using this as part of HRT then regular scans can give an idea as to the womb health.  What's to say that any one who stops *will* get cancer?  'tamoxifen' almost killed me  :-\ so I stopped taking it, prescribed on an 'in case' basis.  It actually caused problems for a friend who continued with the drug .........  :-\ :'( so we aren't and should not be treated the same.  There should be discussion between patients with suitably designed scans etc. when necessary.

I was thinking this evening: MIND charity are really good at giving support, when my friend ended his Life I contacted them and surprisingly the charity kept in touch with me for about 12 months, offering 1-1 tea and a chat to e-mailing.

Some Charities do a 'sit in ' service for when carers need a break.

I am so sorry you lost your friend. I am glad MIND was so supportive and kept in touch with you.

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2022, 08:40:58 AM »

It was a shock to us all.  There is no where to go when 1 is in that much despair. 

Armadillo

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2022, 11:03:37 AM »

I am sorry for your loss too.. there is no 'getting over it'  grief for me becoems a traveling companion and sometimes its easier than others to walk with.

MIND are excellent sadly I cant access ours in person but they are good.  I like the SHOUT text messaging helpline.. theyve sat with me a lot.

I am doing loads better today... not 'my normal' but can think straight again.  I wont be taking progesterone again, I dont know the solution but its just not an option.  I will research risk factors for uterine cancer .  How do they do the scans is it internal or ultrasound do you know?

I am back thinking about hysterectomy as this just isnt going to go away .. but reluctant it seems a massive surgery for a broken body.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2022, 11:25:43 AM »

I am so happy you are feeling a bit better today. :)

I checked and they do transvaginal ultrasound scans to check womb lining.

A hysterectomy is a major decision. You could just have scans to monitor your lining. I would not look up risks of cancer as I think that will make you anxious and that is the last thing you need. Perhaps take things a day at a time. Get through today first. You have been very depressed and you are still recovering.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2022, 12:06:33 PM »

Every thing we do has risks.  We should be able to make decisions about our health quoting quality of life. 

Armadillo

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2022, 08:21:10 AM »

Thank you both

I find it hard to look things up as carry trauma around treatment during my pregnancy and miscarriage.. i have had support/treatment from mental health team around that but its a constant grief to me.  I never got to be a mother.

Having had awful periods from puberty it looks like the progsterone may have been part of problem now, then a very tricky pregnancy with hyperemesis again that could have been progesterone sensitivity having input.

I am hoping to hear from my GP next week.. I think scans would work then if there is a problem they could fillet me.  I just want it all over.  But am strangely attached to my womb.. i know it doesnt define me.. i didnt have a problem with them chopping other bits out so not sure what the hang up is...

I have had a very long sleep .. that has helped and more me today than yesterday... as things stand today there is now ay i will voluntarily be putting progesterone back in my body ..

CLKD and Flossie you are both heroes... thank you

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2022, 09:12:17 AM »

When I underwent biopsy and a small breast operation in 1995 I decided that should there be cancer, I would have a bilateral operation.  However, since - no op required - I've become fond of my breasts  ::).  It isn't the womb per se that gives problems but the hormonal ups and downs  >:(  ::)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2022, 10:25:16 AM »

Thank you both

I find it hard to look things up as carry trauma around treatment during my pregnancy and miscarriage.. i have had support/treatment from mental health team around that but its a constant grief to me.  I never got to be a mother.

Having had awful periods from puberty it looks like the progsterone may have been part of problem now, then a very tricky pregnancy with hyperemesis again that could have been progesterone sensitivity having input.

I am hoping to hear from my GP next week.. I think scans would work then if there is a problem they could fillet me.  I just want it all over.  But am strangely attached to my womb.. i know it doesnt define me.. i didnt have a problem with them chopping other bits out so not sure what the hang up is...

I have had a very long sleep .. that has helped and more me today than yesterday... as things stand today there is now ay i will voluntarily be putting progesterone back in my body ..

CLKD and Flossie you are both heroes... thank you

As looking things up can trigger you, it really is best to avoid that. I am so sorry you never got to be a mother.

If you are okay with having scans then that is a great idea. It will help to keep you from worrying about any thickening of your lining. I do not think it is strange you are attached to your womb. Your womb is a part of you.

It is really sad progesterone has caused you so much sorrow yet nobody picked that up. It would have saved a lot of sadness if things like this were understood and women were told they had progesterone intolerance.

It is great you had a good sleep. I find decent sleep to really improve my mental wellbeing.

You are most welcome. :)

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2022, 12:41:18 PM »

Quality of Life must be put first!

However when depressed I was unable to ask for help, I simply didn't have the energy  >:(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2022, 02:42:46 PM »

Quality of Life must be put first!

However when depressed I was unable to ask for help, I simply didn't have the energy  >:(

That is so true. When feeling depressed it can be too overwhelming to ask for help, go to appointments and explain everything.

I hope the depression has lessened for you.

Armadillo

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2022, 01:15:49 PM »

I am able to an dhave asked for help with mental health .. but as someone who cant take antidepressants and can meditate, by mindful, avoid alcohol (another pretty much allergen) , sleep hygiene and all the different talking therapies.. they are somewhat lost with what to do with me.

However the hormones .. progesterone it seems really tip me over.. of course i wobble at other times.. but its so different to the progesterone.. we just arent told much about our hormone cycles are we..

I am bracing myself to email GP

Uterine scans wont be eay or fun but i can drug myself and wait in the corridor not that waiting room .. if it means i can stay on estrogel and not progesterone.

I dont really much fancy any surgery but hysterectomy seems a bigger issue to me.. boobs.. yep they are too big, not as pert as they once were, neck pain inducing.. id wish them smaller but not away..

hmm.. need to talk to my gp i think

Flossieteacake

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2022, 01:42:14 PM »

I hope the appointment with your GP goes well. I understand how hard it is to have to make contact and then anxiously wait for the appointment.

Armadillo

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2022, 07:13:18 AM »

thanks.. very rambling email sent yesterday..one of those 'type and send' dont edit emails otherwise I wouldnt do it.

So now i wait.. he may be away at mo not sure really

I am lurking around forum and it seems there are quite a few of us in same situation with progesterone.. so as i ahve nothing but compassion for others who are suffering i am trying to apply the same to myself..

onwards
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4