Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Can progesterone intolerance develop gradually?  (Read 586 times)

EllaAurora

Can progesterone intolerance develop gradually?
« on: November 14, 2022, 09:07:01 PM »

Hello ladies,
I've noticed here that progesterone intolerance is quite common. I've never had that before, quite the contrary actually -during sequi regime the prog part (200mg utrogestan) was usually better for me and I've also used utrogestan continuously for 1,5 years now. I was tolerating it without problems, but have started recently feeling unwell and wondering if its low oestrogen or could it also be utrogestan causing the symptoms. I've added a bit more oestrogel and managed to get the hot flushes under control thankfully, but I still don't feel good. Difficult to explain, but during the mornings very tired and somehow 'heavy', often headachy, low mood, etc. Nothing compared to the horrible symptoms I had during my worst times, but also not great.

So I started thinking, maybe I've used utro for too long continuously and its causing these symptoms. Feels like the progesterone is 'building up' in my system and starting to be too much/too long.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm thinking that I could go back to sequi and see how I get on during the oestrogel only phase, but am a bit worried I'll mess up my system even more and end up feeling worse.

thank you for your thoughts. xx