Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Normal in post menopause?  (Read 1700 times)

Hay66

• First Flush
Normal in post menopause?
« on: September 26, 2022, 01:41:45 PM »

Hi all, I am 56, post menopausal (mirena coil removed after 6 years and no bleeding for 4 years. Blood test confirmed post menopause. Have been getting lots of UTIs/dryness etc. and for past 2 months period like cramps - no triggers. Scan showed adenomyotic uterus a few months back. Does anyone on here still get cramps without bleeding years after menopause? Thanks for reading.

Flossieteacake

Re: Normal in post menopause?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 01:47:26 PM »

Hello Hay66 and welcome to the forum. Vaginal dryness and UTI symptoms are caused by vaginal atrophy. This needs topical oestrogen such as Vagirux and Ovestin. It is vital we treat this as soon as possible as it is such a horrid thing to have. I am sure another member will post soon with advice about the cramping.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 02:06:33 PM »

Hi Hay66. Adenomyosis can be really painful but from what I understand, once post menopause is reached, then symptoms usually disappear. As the cramps have developed recently I think you should ask for some advice as to what treatment you can have.

Flossieteacake is right about needing topical oestrogen to help with the frequent UTIs and soreness although you may also benefit from a scan of the inside of the bladder (cystoscopy) to check that it's not  something causing your bladder to cramp. It's sometimes hard to distinguish between the uterus and the bladder.

You'll find lots of help and support on here.

Taz   :welcomemm:

Hay66

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 02:39:47 PM »

Thank you both for speedy replies. I will speak to my GP about hormone treatment for the dryness. Will be good at least to get one thing sorted. Hopefully I will find out about the cramps soon too. So glad I found this site and forum!

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 02:48:10 PM »

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 03:47:49 PM »

Thank you both for speedy replies. I will speak to my GP about hormone treatment for the dryness. Will be good at least to get one thing sorted. Hopefully I will find out about the cramps soon too. So glad I found this site and forum!

You are most welcome.  :)