Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 710 times)

Loopy lou

• First Flush
Confused
« on: September 22, 2022, 12:04:25 PM »

Hi, I'm  been on this journey since December although the symptoms started years before.
   I am now on ostragel and utgestron, after trying several other meds. I seem to be ok then bang anxiety and mood swings are there and no sex drive. I had bloods done a week ago everything is normal but this has happened before. How can things be ok 1 day then go down hill so quickly. Could it be something is underlying, blood came back low folate. I was diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia 25 years ago to be told by a GP I haven't got it and treatment stopped.  Why I'm mentioning this is the tingling in my feet and hands get me down wich was one symptoms the GP said was the menapause but overlap the other things.
I don't feel I can call the Dr in a state again when I was ok Tues and hormones come back normal and mood was ok then.
Anybody else feels this way?

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 12:48:16 PM »

Hi Loopy Lou.

I was just like that before I found the right dose of hrt.
Up one day, only to be so low the next, anxiety ruling my life too.
Once I upped my dose, I found an even keel.
Maybe yours needs tweaking too, 🤷🏼‍♀️
I had low folate levels, they just gave me tablets and said after the four months, it was ok. So it was stopped. Didn’t have any symptoms other than tiredness, but that’s always there anyway, as I have a liver disease.
Try tweaking your hrt, see if that a difference. 💁🏼‍♀️
xx

Loopy lou

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 09:53:26 PM »

Hi, thanks for the reply. So when bloods come back normal (Hormones) is that accurate or is it by how I feel or they level goes up and down? I don't understand how it works.
  I just feel like I'm not being stable and when I've said this to the GP, when I had patches I would just get swapped to something else  (then something else due to shortages)  never a higher dose, never got to tweaking I then was as a real emotional mess and we decided patches wasn't suiting so went  to  the gel and no side effects.
I to have liver issues.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 09:04:27 AM »

Morning.  Blood tests for hormones are reliably unreliable!  Because hormone levels rise and fall throughout 24/7.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

MayB ask for a referral to a Consultant with regards Pernicious Anaemia?  What treatment were you given?

Browse round.  Make notes ;-)