Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel causing fatigue?  (Read 1149 times)

NeverTooOld

Oestrogel causing fatigue?
« on: September 22, 2022, 11:07:56 AM »

Hi ladies

I started on my HRT journey last December having been postmenopause for just under two years.

I was put on 2 pumps of Oestrogel and 100mg of Utrogestan on a continuous regime due me still having a uterus.

It probably took a few months for me to see an improvement in my hot flushes,fatigue and brain fog and up till recently everything was good. The only down side of the HRT, presumably the Uterogetan, was that I got horrendous GERD which caused nausea and loss of appetite.
Recently though I have started to feel spaced out and seriously fatigued all day, with low mood and tearful so have now changed to taking the Utrogestan vaginally every other day at nightime to see if that helps and also to see if that helps my GERDS.

It is early days but my stomach issues seem to be setttling a bit but I am still very fatigued.

Interestingly I wake up in the morning feeling fine but as soon as I take my Oestorgel that is when the fatigue kicks in which is odd as I thought it was Progesterone that had the sedative effect.

I have tried reducing my Oestrogen to 1 pump daily, which still seems to keep my flushes at bay,  to see if that helps but the fatigue still kicks in.

Would anyone know what I am getting this odd reaction to Oestrogel?  :'(

Marchlove

Re: Oestrogel causing fatigue?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 11:32:01 AM »

Hi Funkylady

In some people oestrogen can lower your cortisol somewhat.
Have you tried taking it later in the day?  That might help, so worth a go perhaps.

M x

NeverTooOld

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 11:53:11 AM »

Hello Marchlove,

Interesting, by taking it later in the day is that to allow my cortisol levels to rise before using the Oestrogel to try and minimise it's effect?

Do your cortisol levels drop overnight, I will maybe have to do some research, thanks  :)

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 12:03:03 PM »

Yes your cortisol should be high first thing in the morning and drop slowly throughout the day, so late evening and over night they should be at their lowest.

I’m not saying it is a cortisol issue with you, but it might be, so worth trying out.
You could start by taking it at 5pm say and see how that feels.

M x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 02:12:05 PM »

Have you eliminated other coompn causes of fatigue such as vit d, iron, thyroid etc?

NeverTooOld

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 04:49:46 PM »

Have you eliminated other coompn causes of fatigue such as vit d, iron, thyroid etc?
I’m going tomorrow to get full bloods done, we’ll see if anything flags up.