Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti & atrophy  (Read 1890 times)

Cab6

Evorel conti & atrophy
« on: September 10, 2022, 10:00:34 AM »

Hi to all, I'm on week 4 of Everol conti patches, flushes have calmed down but my worst symptom is still vaginal atrophy pain.  The nurse said the patches would stop the pain. Some days I'm ok but then the pain comes back &  I feel tearful again. To add to the mix I'm also type 2 diabetic ion Metformin.  The atrophy pain feels like a uti starting out of the blue! I'm puzzled why it just flares up when I'm using the patches & Estradol cream externally.  Anyone else have similar symptoms?

Limpy

Re: Evorel conti & atrophy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 10:49:06 AM »

Hi Cab. I am on Evorel Conti patches and find them good  for mood and temperature symptoms.
However  I do  need local oestrogen cream to deal with VA discomfort and UTI like symptoms. I use Estriol cream as well as the patches and it really helps.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 10:55:10 AM »

The nurse is not right there. Patches can help but VA needs a localised treatment. A month is still early for your symptoms to reduce so hang on in there. I know it is horrible. I would use the cream daily too.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 11:14:48 AM »

As above, for some hrt will do the job but for many others localised oestrogen is necessary too.

Cab6

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 08:44:54 PM »

Thank you all for your replies, I'll persevere with the patches & continue with the local oestrogen cream, I did stop it for a couple of days & the pain became a lot worse.

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 03:24:49 AM »

Hi to all, I'm on week 4 of Everol conti patches, flushes have calmed down but my worst symptom is still vaginal atrophy pain.  The nurse said the patches would stop the pain. Some days I'm ok but then the pain comes back &  I feel tearful again. To add to the mix I'm also type 2 diabetic ion Metformin.  The atrophy pain feels like a uti starting out of the blue! I'm puzzled why it just flares up when I'm using the patches & Estradol cream externally.  Anyone else have similar symptoms?
  I started local HRT before Evorel Conti. I find that the patches supplement the Vagifem and reduce the frequency needed from 4/5 a week to 2 but, if I reduce the Vagifem too much, I notice the difference. I may get a flare up or just find that my night time trips to the bathroom become more frequent.

Cara999

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 09:56:14 PM »

Keep up with the  cream it's a slow process but hopefully you will soon find some relief. I'm the same have good days/weeks then bad again. Its awful xxx

Cab6

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 03:40:42 PM »

Thank you, I'm continuing with the cream & patches, if I skip the cream all the pain comes back! Main thing I'm noticing now is tiredness & a slight bleed, will see how things go Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 03:43:02 PM »

The VA treatment is a different HRT to the other types ;-).  Specifically to for the vagina and labial areas.  Every night if necessary.  4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there!

Ayesha

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2022, 04:05:45 PM »

Topical VA HRT I believe should be treated separately from systemic HRT and reading your post would confirm that for me. VA symptoms will always come back if not treated no matter what other HRT you are taking. I can't go a day without VA treatment, it's always there ready to attack if I miss one day.

Cab6

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 07:24:08 PM »

Thank you for replying, I can relate to the razor blades feeling. It does sound as though I need to continue with the local hrt cream along with the patches X