Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New to this forum - HRT questions  (Read 571 times)

NikkiB69

• First Flush
New to this forum - HRT questions
« on: September 20, 2022, 10:13:40 PM »

I’m 7 weeks into new HRT regime - 100mg Utrogestan tablet vaginally every night + Oestrogel x 2 pumps (1 in morning 1 at night)
I’ve been feeling some improvements (subtle)
When I first began (August) I had bleeding for nearly the whole month, awful heavy, lots of clots (sorry tmi) but that stopped and I felt much better.
However the past 2 days I’ve been having strong period like cramps in stomach, groin, thighs and very bloated.
I was told to take Utrogestan every day with no break unless I get a bleed then to stop for 5 days.
I haven’t got any bleed as yet but it feels like I may.
Questions - does the Utrogestan stop bleeding/period from coming and if I just persevere this (pain and bloating) will settle? Is it the Oestrogel or the Utrogestan that thickens up the uterus lining? Is it possible to thicken too much? Maybe I need extra pump of Oestrogel to help the symptoms?
I know this sounds funny but I’ve been feeling occasional throbbing a bit like a heartbeat under my skin on both sides of abdomen (very weird)… Anyone else get that?!?
I know 7 weeks isn’t very long and it can take at least 3 months for everything to settle so I’m aware of that.

Btw I’m 53, perimenopause, 1 ovary and tube removed. Previous to HRT had periods about twice per year.

Many thanks all 😊🫶🏼

Dandelion

Re: New to this forum - HRT questions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 10:55:25 PM »