Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Increased dose help  (Read 937 times)

Fisicoll

Increased dose help
« on: September 18, 2022, 09:51:15 AM »

I went to my Gp three weeks ago as symptoms were returning such as irritability, very low mood , sore breasts and no motivation to do anything. They increased my dose. 3 weeks in and I’m very angry all the time , very sore breasts and now a period ( I haven’t had one for a year after my mirena coil ) is this normal and will settle back down or have I increased when I shouldn’t have done. I’ve gone to 100mg patches from 75mg. I don’t mind riding it out if I know others have experienced it and that it will settle in a couple of months but if this is the new me I don’t like her ( and neither does anyone else !)

Nas

Re: Increased dose help
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 11:14:37 AM »

Hi Fisicoll,
I’ve just upped my patch from 75 to 100 and literally ripped it off today. I feel sick and spaced out.

I know it can take ages for the body to settle on the increase, so either it’s ride it out, or increase slowly ( a sliver of patch at a time ).

You probably need to get the bleeding checked out in fairness ( although it’s probably the increase which has triggered it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 11:33:58 AM »

It's a huge hike from 75-100  :-\ - is there nowt in between?  MayB it's time for Companies to make incremental patches in 10s and 5s ....... I know how ill Tamoxifen made me - a drug to stop oestrogen production.  No one warned me how it might make me feel  >:(

Could you use the 100 occasionally, leaving a few nights between to see how the body feels?  I don't know how quick the uptake might be but adding a sudden extra amount won't go un-noticed by the body  :'(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 11:54:22 AM »

I too always feel bad after an increase. I would keep at the 100 as you have used it now. If you were to drop to 75 sometimes your body will be all over the place. You could cut a quarter off the 100 to do it at a slower pace if you wanted to.

Clarella

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 01:34:45 PM »

I asked Gp for 25 patches to add half to my 75s to go to 87.5 first before  100 for a while, as I found it so hard going from 50 to 75.

I’ve done around 6 weeks. Just gone to 100 and side effects are  less than they were

Fisicoll

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 02:43:48 PM »

That’s a good idea . I’ll persevere with it all thank you. It sounds like the symptoms are fairly usual but I’ll get the bleeding checked just in case .

Clarella

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2022, 02:49:55 PM »

Gp suggested 2-3 months on the half dose but I’ve found 6 weeks ok

Pippa52

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2022, 05:05:29 PM »

I have had to increase my dose incredibly slowly over many many weeks as I am stupidly sensitive to dose increases.  Doing it really slowly made a huge difference and I am now on the dose recommended by the Meno Consultant and at long last starting to get back to some sort of normality.  Hope so much you will start to feel better very soon xx

Fisicoll

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2022, 09:33:29 PM »

Thank you. I had a lovely long walk today and it seemed to help with my symptoms too. Some days seem better than others don’t they ?

Zoe19741

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 05:38:18 PM »

I increased my dose 4 weeks ago from 50 to 75 and I have had a a few issues with my stomach and pain and I have had the mother of all periods this month and a bit of an increase of anxiety - my main issue - which is annoying!  I agree though I do think some days are better than other last as I have had 13 days of feeling great so having a rubbish couple of days does make me question things but I also went for a long walk and it did help but I also think we have to remember there will still be off days I think!  I did also read that when you increase you may have a heavier period to start with but it gets better.  I don’t have the coil I am on evorel sequi

Clarella

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2022, 07:32:02 PM »

While some symptoms are better, others are worse such as feeling extremely tired! Seems a constant balancing game!