Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: UTI Was a kidney ston  (Read 1077 times)

Whatsupwiththis

UTI Was a kidney ston
« on: September 19, 2022, 02:00:19 PM »

So after 3 years of being on Vagifem 5x a week, no more UTI's until last Wednesday.  Went to emergency and kept telling them I was passing a kidney stone (not my first rodeo) but they kept insisting I had a massive UTI.  The pain was beyond anything I had experienced...UTI on steroids!  Nope they kept telling me I needed a barrage of antibiotics and at my age, UTI's are dangerous blah, blah, blah.  Finally after telling them I'M PASSING A KIDNEY STONE, they did a CT scan.  Sure as God made little green apples, an 8 mm huge kidney stone stuck in ureter!  But, believe it or not, I PASSED IT.  ouch!!!!!  Anywho for some of you ladies that seem to have a constant UTI that is not clearing up, it could be a bladder or kidney stone.  Unfortunately this is not uncommon for women to be fed antibiotics for a UTI when it's actually a stone. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: UTI Was a kidney ston
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 02:06:38 PM »

OUCH !!!!!   :foryou:

Why don't the medics listen to patients who know our bodies best  >:(

What advice have you been given?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 02:19:15 PM »

What an awful experience for you. I am so sorry you were not believed and had to go through this. I have had a bladder stone and it is so painful.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 02:32:01 PM »

Dr's always think they know EVERYTHING.  At our age, WE KNOW OUR BODIES.  I know so many who were told over and over, it's a UTI, take 2 asprins and don't call us in the morning, to eventually discover it's a stone.  They are so common that medical staff should check for other things if a constant UTI is not clearing up.  But at least the darn thing passed.  I wasn't too keen on having it surgically removed.  I wanted to share this with other women who are having constant bladder issues that it just *may* be a stone.