Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Stabbing breast pain  (Read 1944 times)

Jillm

Stabbing breast pain
« on: September 19, 2022, 04:12:12 PM »

Hello everyone, I have not posted a question for some time as I have just got used to my ongoing symptoms. Also things have actually improved in the last year or so.
But  I have had a horrible stabbing pain in my right breast on and off for the last few days. It’s quite painful and mostly on the right side, but a couple of times on the left lower inside area.
I am now beginning to panic a bit and wondered if anyone one melse has noticed this post meno. I am about 6 years post meno. Had breast screen late last year and all ok at that time.
I will contact GP asap. Any advice appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stabbing breast pain
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 05:41:13 PM »

Anything unusual should be checked, I had soreness on the operation side in March: the GP recommended gently rubbing hand cream into the area, as I. may have adhesions beneath.

Hormones can cause sudden changes however far down the line we might be.  Is it a sudden stab?  Nipples OK?

Jillm

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 06:16:19 PM »

Hi thanks for your quick reply. Yes it is stabbing pains and then an ache. Nipple is normal and both breast look as they normally do when I checked in the mirror. It’s not all the time and I am wondering if it’s muscular as it seems to happen when I am using my phone.
I will try to speak with GP tomorrow. Anything unusual with breasts is very scary.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 06:36:43 PM »

Remind me: do you have periods ?  Ovaries can pump out oestrogen occasionally even after menopause so it may affect breasts.  Nipping is a real ouch moment!

Jillm

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 08:53:44 PM »

Hi CLKD, yes I do still have my ovaries. Hot flushes and night sweats have been few and far between in last couple of years, but in the last weeks they have increased again, nothing too bad but a definite increase. I suppose it could be a hormone issue.0

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 08:32:20 AM »

Sometimes ovaries can have a final party  >:(  ::) How R U this morning?

Jillm

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 06:08:39 PM »

Hi CLKD. So far so good today, no stabbing pains as yet🤞

holidaylover

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 10:44:26 AM »

Hi Jillm,  I have been having stabbing pain in my left boob lately.  Got me in a right panic.  It happened suddenly when I turned over in my bed, almost felt like something tearing.  This was a few months ago and I have started holding my boob when I turn over (slowly) to avoid the pain.  I dont feel it through the day when I'm wearing my bra but both my boobs have been a bit sore lately when I touch them.  During the day I can jump and and down freely and twist from side to side and, nothing!  :boobs: I did make an appointment with my doctor though and she gave me a good examination and felt it was muscular.  She prescribed ibuprofen gel to rub in in the evening and said that I should wear my bra for support during the night if that made any difference.  Hope you get some relief.  Maybe try the gel.