Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New to the forum - HRT questions  (Read 684 times)

NikkiB69

• First Flush
New to the forum - HRT questions
« on: September 20, 2022, 10:10:34 PM »

Hi all. I’m 7 weeks into new HRT regime - 100mg Utrogestan tablet vaginally every night + Oestrogel x 2 pumps (1 in morning 1 at night)
I’ve been feeling some improvements (subtle)
When I first began (August) I had bleeding for nearly the whole month, awful heavy, lots of clots (sorry tmi) but that stopped and I felt much better.
However the past 2 days I’ve been having strong period like cramps in stomach, groin, thighs and very bloated.
I was told to take Utrogestan every day with no break unless I get a bleed then to stop for 5 days.
I haven’t got any bleed as yet but it feels like I may.
Questions - does the Utrogestan stop bleeding/period from coming and if I just persevere this (pain and bloating) will settle? Is it the Oestrogel or the Utrogestan that thickens up the uterus lining? Is it possible to thicken too much? Maybe I need extra pump of Oestrogel to help the symptoms?
I know this sounds funny but I’ve been feeling occasional throbbing a bit like a heartbeat under my skin on both sides of abdomen (very weird)… Anyone else get that?!?
I know 7 weeks isn’t very long and it can take at least 3 months for everything to settle so I’m aware of that.

Btw I’m 53, perimenopause, 1 ovary and tube removed. Previous to HRT had periods about twice per year.

Many thanks all 😊🫶🏼

discogirl

Re: New to the forum - HRT questions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 03:21:06 PM »

Hi NikkiB69,

I'm sorry I can't answer your questions, but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum

I'm post meno about 4 years, started HRT August this year.

This forum has been an absolute lifeline to me and some lovely ladies will be able to answer your queries.

All the best xxx

Dandelion

Re: New to the forum - HRT questions
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 10:05:23 PM »

Hi all. I’m 7 weeks into new HRT regime - 100mg Utrogestan tablet vaginally every night + Oestrogel x 2 pumps (1 in morning 1 at night)
I’ve been feeling some improvements (subtle)
When I first began (August) I had bleeding for nearly the whole month, awful heavy, lots of clots (sorry tmi) but that stopped and I felt much better.
However the past 2 days I’ve been having strong period like cramps in stomach, groin, thighs and very bloated.
I was told to take Utrogestan every day with no break unless I get a bleed then to stop for 5 days.
I haven’t got any bleed as yet but it feels like I may.
Questions - does the Utrogestan stop bleeding/period from coming and if I just persevere this (pain and bloating) will settle? Is it the Oestrogel or the Utrogestan that thickens up the uterus lining? Is it possible to thicken too much? Maybe I need extra pump of Oestrogel to help the symptoms?
I know this sounds funny but I’ve been feeling occasional throbbing a bit like a heartbeat under my skin on both sides of abdomen (very weird)… Anyone else get that?!?
I know 7 weeks isn’t very long and it can take at least 3 months for everything to settle so I’m aware of that.

Btw I’m 53, perimenopause, 1 ovary and tube removed. Previous to HRT had periods about twice per year.

Many thanks all 😊🫶🏼
I took utrogestan daily when in peri, for an unusual reason. My diazepam is cross-tolerant with the 200mg cyclic utrogestan I was prescribed, and my mental state got much worse, when I was not in the "progesterone phase" - I changed to 100mg utro a day without telling my GP, my CPN noticed an improvement in my mental state.
I did start bleeds though, my GP was ok me sticking to daily progesterone until I saw Gynae.
I wrote to Dr Currie explaining the unusual circumstances, and both GP and Gynae were happy.

I got bleeding hassle, the clots are agony aren't they.
I had pains, my GP reduced the otestogen after a scan and a hysteroscopy.
I went on to 100mg oral utrogestan and 100mg vaginal as it goes straight to the area needed.
I hear utrogestan not great at controlling bleeds.

I know that feeling you get when you might bleed, my sis in law calls it "pod" TMI

Utrogestan, apparently isn't the best at controlling bleeds, I can't take other progestins, due to the cross tolerance with benzodiazepines other wise I would.

Maybe see about upping the utroggestan or changing to another progesterone.
There is the IUD, some have problems, but other's dont, my mate has had it years as contraception, she still takes it and likes it.

Oestrogen thickens up the uterus lining.
Most thickened womb lining is due to oestrogen, as far as I understand, they do like to scan to check, mine was slightly thickened, and I got a hysteroscopy which showed no cancer, it's rare, they just like to check.

The progesterone opposed the oestrogen, so extra progesterone could be an option, there is also another med beginning with T, that addresses bleeding, I forget the name, not testosterone, it's a specific pill.

Meno is different for each woman, we all have common symptoms, maybe mention the occasional throbbing to your GP, I never had it.
I would see the GP and let them know, better that than go through bleeds.

I hope that helps.