Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Don't know what to do next  (Read 706 times)

Jan1234

Don't know what to do next
« on: September 17, 2022, 06:58:32 PM »

Stopped my hrt 8 days ago as couldn't cope no more with constant bleeding ( all explained the problems I've had in my previous post ) I've struggled all week terrible headaches and totally no energy I'm usually always out and about keeping busy  and I can barely put one foot in front of the other I'm so drained , I can't cope feeling like this spoke to gp a few days ago and she advised me to go back on it I was on 100 mg ultrogoston and oestrogel I've tried 200mg in the past and that didn't work for me but she wants me to try 200mg again and give it another go . I was supposed to see gynie Monday but they cancelled my app and my new app is not till end of October I can't go on like this until then so any  advise as gp said all about getting the balance right so of I'm taking 200mg ultrogeston vaginally would I up my oestrogel to 3 pumps I take it continuous any advise please

Nas

Re: Don't know what to do next
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 08:14:24 AM »

I would go back on your oestrogel dose as normal and then take 200 utrogestan vaginally. Just stay on that regime until you see gynae, even if you bleed. Stopping and restarting HRT will only confuse your body further I think.

Jan1234

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 10:38:50 AM »

Nas yes thats what ive decided restarted it last night couldnt cope no more, im just hoping that i dont feel sick and dizzy  as thats what i was like before on 200mg  even though i take it vaginally i still had the side effexts cant believe i got to wait that long for the app should of been going 2mrw.,

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 11:06:01 AM »

R U able to restart with a lower dose and work up?  The body doesn't get where it is suddenly unless there's surgical intervention, so it may take several hikes B4 you notice feeling better.

Bleeding may resolve after 4-5 months?  Your GP can give you medication should the bleeding be particularly heavy.  If you are lacking energy you may be anaemic or it may be a lack of VitD levels.

Keep hydrated.  Eat little and often. Rest when you can. 

Jan1234

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 11:22:41 AM »

CLKD gp as gave me transmatic acid to stop bleeding and ive stopoed just a bit of spotting at rhe moment, been on thw lowe dose for 8 months this ia why she wants me to try the 200mg,

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 11:31:12 AM »

How do you feel otherwise?   Did the regime help ease the symptom you wanted help with?

It's Trial and Error which can be so tiring. 

Jan1234

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2022, 11:51:30 AM »

Yes i felt good on it but the bleeding was constant and getting me down i be lucky to have a 3 week break in between periods and they was heavy then spotting and would last for week's at a time

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2022, 11:56:32 AM »

I remember how limiting my periods were: 10 days heavy bleeding with intense pain  :'( and 10 days without.  For several years.  Clotting.  Not a good look when at work!

How were your periods during your menstruating years?  I would never want to return to bleeds.

Jan1234

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2022, 12:12:50 PM »

CLKD very painful periods heavy and suffered bad with pmt