Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How long to ‘recover’ from progesterone  (Read 827 times)

Happydayz

How long to ‘recover’ from progesterone
« on: September 16, 2022, 07:05:44 PM »

Hi

I’m most likely progesterone intolerant grrrrrrr.

I’ve got estrogen and testosterone implants and stopped utrogestan for 6 weeks to see if it made a difference as felt really awful after the progesterone cycle each month.

Had a really steady 6 weeks and then had the Mirena coil fitted. Really bad reaction so it came out 8 days later and I still feel rubbish ………feels like I’m back to square one even though the implants were started to have a good effect 😩

Just wondering how long the after effects of the progesterone in the Mirena can last ……?

I’ll be having a hysterectomy later this year as need the estrogen HRT but simply can’t tolerate the progesterone.

Anyone had a similar experience and how to long to ‘recover’ after the coil was removed?

Thanks all! Xx

Dandelion

Re: How long to ‘recover’ from progesterone
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 11:13:41 PM »

Hi

I’m most likely progesterone intolerant grrrrrrr.

I’ve got estrogen and testosterone implants and stopped utrogestan for 6 weeks to see if it made a difference as felt really awful after the progesterone cycle each month.

Had a really steady 6 weeks and then had the Mirena coil fitted. Really bad reaction so it came out 8 days later and I still feel rubbish ………feels like I’m back to square one even though the implants were started to have a good effect 😩

Just wondering how long the after effects of the progesterone in the Mirena can last ……?

I’ll be having a hysterectomy later this year as need the estrogen HRT but simply can’t tolerate the progesterone.

Anyone had a similar experience and how to long to ‘recover’ after the coil was removed?

Thanks all! Xx
Hi

I don't know much about progesterone intolerance, I just came here as I noticed you had not received any replies.

I did a search on progesterone intolerance here, and there are plenty of threads.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=search2
IMPORTANT - If you still have a womb, don't stop progesterone, it opposes oestrogen.
I don't mean to alarm you, there is a risk of cancer with no progesterone, best to be safe than sorry.

Some women don't like the Mirena coil, yet others do.

I don't know about mirena.

I hope the threads on that link help you feel less alone and good luck with your hysterectomy.

Happydayz

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 12:36:14 PM »

Thanks so much Dandelion!!!! Xx

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 02:28:43 PM »

Hi Happydays

I had the mirena coil removed (after 6 months) for similar reasons to you. I felt better within 48 hours. So I think the prog leaves your system pretty quickly. I’ll never forget it, my mood lifted and my libido came back with a vengeance.

Hoping it’s the same for you x

Happydayz

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 02:32:13 PM »

Hi Happydays

I had the mirena coil removed (after 6 months) for similar reasons to you. I felt better within 48 hours. So I think the prog leaves your system pretty quickly. I’ll never forget it, my mood lifted and my libido came back with a vengeance.

Hoping it’s the same for you x

Thanks so much for this ……….I’m speaking to the consultant tonight to try and understand why I still feel rubbish!!!!! I thought I would feel better quickly! Arghhhh  Xx

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 06:32:39 PM »

Thanks so much Dandelion!!!! Xx
You're welcome.