Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Flutters  (Read 860 times)

KACICOX

• First Flush
Flutters
« on: September 16, 2022, 06:35:08 AM »

Hi everyone,
I have had a rough time over the past 7 months. Started with a nasty headache which wouldn’t go away, being told it’s migrane and having been given amitriptyline, which I had a nasty reaction to. Ended up with bad depression and annxiety.  Anyway eventually ended up on HRT ( I’m 44) Evorel Sequi 50. I’m nearly at the end of 2nd month and had two instances of a sudden few seconds long flutter in my chest, which is terrifying ( I had palpitations from amitriptyline) and sends me into a panic. Has anyone else experienced this ? Can anything be done about it ? Is this a normal evorel side effect ? Doctor is sympathetic, but I think she said stick to 3 months it may settle. Headache is still there but gets better on the progesterone patch. Hot flashes settled, but no I’m freezing in the  evening in bed. I’m so done with it all. Just wanted to feel like I’m not going mad and there a light at the end of the tunnel. Many thanks and sorry for bit of a crazy post xx

discogirl

Re: Flutters
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 07:27:10 AM »

Hi Kacicox,

I can't help you with the evorel sequi unfortunately, I'm post meno and started HRT 25th August, I think, I may be wrong and other ladies will be along to help you, but I think heart flutters are a side effect of evorel conti and i think there may be an older thread relating to heart palpitations etc.

I started on amitrypline 7 months ago, in february i developed tinnitus and the doctor put me on amitrypline, i then developed severe insomnia and anxiety which lead me to try HRT.

I am actually still on 20mg of amitrypline a day, however I am attempting to gradually wean off the amitrypline, as I think it could be them that are causing my insomnia. They did sedate me initially but that did wear off.

I hope you get sorted xxx

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 08:41:04 AM »

Hi heart palpitations and flutters can be caused by low oestrogen. x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 09:41:52 AM »

Hello KAKICOX and welcome to the forum.

Your doctor may be right to suggest giving your HRT three months to settle.

I am a long way post meno now but in the early days I had daily headaches, I wasn't on HRT and they completely resolved after six months. That was years ago and I haven't had a headache since. I then noticed the fluttering though I describe mine as jittering or internal shaking and it is a well known Meno symptom

I am sure that other ladies will be along to offer their advice as you are not alone with this distressing problem.

Take care.

K.

Wombat

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 02:53:25 PM »

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them! I have terrible flutters and skipped beats - often for weeks in end, then maybe a couple of weeks respite. I tried HRT a while back but ended up with oestrogen overload even though on a tiny dose so had to come off. I’m 48, 2 years post hysterectomy (kept ovaries) and ready to give the HRT another go I think. Constantly think I’ve got a heart problem although have had tests in the past which just concluded ectopics. My sympathies because I know what you’re living with.

Kat36

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 08:44:30 PM »

This was one of my very very early symptoms…ended up having all sorts of tests as I was so freaked out.  They were every day.  I was assured all was well, but they continued for a few months then just out of nowhere disappeared. I did have a few flutters in the early weeks of starting evorel, but haven’t had any since then. 

KACICOX

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 06:01:38 AM »

Hi Kacicox,

I can't help you with the evorel sequi unfortunately, I'm post meno and started HRT 25th August, I think, I may be wrong and other ladies will be along to help you, but I think heart flutters are a side effect of evorel conti and i think there may be an older thread relating to heart palpitations etc.

I started on amitrypline 7 months ago, in february i developed tinnitus and the doctor put me on amitrypline, i then developed severe insomnia and anxiety which lead me to try HRT.

I am actually still on 20mg of amitrypline a day, however I am attempting to gradually wean off the amitrypline, as I think it could be them that are causing my insomnia. They did sedate me initially but that did wear off.

I hope you get sorted xxx

Hi , thanks for your post. I have had terrible sleep problems on amitriptyline. First two weeks ok, but after that could sleep, had extreme nausea, palpitations and felt like I’ve been poisoned. I could get out of bed for a month and haven’t eaten either …. I was so ill and couldn’t get off it. I was ill on it and then had withdrawals effects. Nasty drug. It let me wither severe anxiety, although I’ve never had anxiety before. I still have headaches and constant tinnitus in one ear and feeling of bubbles passing through my other ear…. Hoped that HRT would help, but seem to be getting other side effects. Can’t wait for this to be over . Good luck with your health journey xx

discogirl

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 07:56:48 AM »

Hi kacicox,

Gosh your symptoms on amitrypline are almost identical to mine. Prior to me going on them I slept like a baby. My Dr put me on them initially to help with the tinnitus, which it seemed to, however I was convinced that they affected my sleep. Like yourself the first couple of weeks it sedated me but after that, even without the tinnitus my sleep was badly affected.

I was on 20mg, which I have just reduced to 10mg, I will stay on that dose for a couple of weeks and then I will use 10mg, every other day, then maybe 3 or 4 times a week and gradually wean off it. Horrible drug.

Are you still on amitrypline or have you managed to come off them?

How long have you been on HRT, a lot of ladies are saying that it does take a good 3 mths and even then it may need tweaking. I'm post meno, and have just started using utrogestan vaginally which I do prefer.

xxxx