Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie Help Please understanding different Femostons  (Read 1657 times)

koalabear

• First Flush
Newbie Help Please understanding different Femostons
« on: September 15, 2022, 07:00:03 PM »

hi everyone

i'm appprox 3 years Post Menopausal, and have been on Femoston Conti 1/5 for six months

After discussion with Dr over the phone she doubled my dosage, and the chemist has given me Femoston 2/10

i was confused when i opened it, it has different coloured pills for 'days of the cycle' this alarms me

I read a little and its intended for women that still bleed??

This is the LAST thing I want and whats worse I have to start today and I"m going on a trip, cant get to the Dr or Chemist at all.

Advice appreciated!

Dotty

Re: Newbie Help Please understanding different Femostons
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 07:08:13 PM »

Hi yes you’ve been given the wrong prescription. You’ve been given a prescription for a lady in peri menopause. Femoston Conti only comes in the dosage you were already on or a lower dose. To increase the dosage you would need to change to Elleste Duet Conti or Kliofem which have a different progesterone. Or change to patches or gel with a separate progesterone. x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 09:52:08 AM »

Hi.

I’m on Femoston conti.
It comes in 1mg tablets .
I had to double up mine, so I take two 1mg tablets now.
So if your on 2mg, just take two tablets.
That’s what my doc did. xx

koalabear

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 06:37:57 PM »

Thanks  both for the repliles. really helpful info

makes twice in a fortnight ive had health professionals prescribe the incorrect product. annoying!

Nas

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 11:03:25 AM »

Jilly, did you double up on the femeston because the Oestrogen wasn’t enough for you? Just curious as I would like to go back on femeston, but know 1mg isn’t enough.
Thanks x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 01:45:22 PM »

Hi.

Yes, I was originally on just the 1mg, but after struggling for a while, I asked my GP if I could double up.
I think, (as she rang me back later,) she had to find out from somewhere/someone and said it was fine to double the dose.
Made sense to me tbh. So ever since then which was quite a while ago, I’ve been taking 2mg.
In each tablet there’s enough progesterone to protect us, so I thought it was a good idea, especially as I had no side effects from the progesterone anyway. I didn’t really want to change it.
Hope this helps. …….jd. xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2022, 01:54:43 PM »

Sorry I didn’t explain properly.

When on the 1mg, Femoston conti, I was experimenting with some sandrena I’d had left over from before I went onto it. Long story short, after applying this extra oestrogen, I felt much better, so I knew I needed more, but I started bleeding. After getting that sorted, ( obviously I didn’t have enough progesterone, the oestrogen out weighed it) with a scan ect….everything was found to be ok.
I knew I needed more, so that’s when I rang and asked if I could double up the Femoston conti.
No problems, ( touch wood) ever since. xx

hb2212

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2022, 10:51:16 AM »

Hi.

I’m on Femoston conti.
It comes in 1mg tablets .
I had to double up mine, so I take two 1mg tablets now.
So if your on 2mg, just take two tablets.
That’s what my doc did. xx

I was on the same and my nurse said I couldnt double up on the tablets so she changed me to patches ? started them today - strange how there are conflicting recommendations ??

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2022, 04:36:29 PM »

Hi.

Mmm, yes it is conflicting. Makes you wonder doesn’t it.
( touch wood) I’ve had no problems at all since doubling up. Infact, I’m better because of the higher dose.
I really can’t see why we can’t double up, as we’re getting exactly what we need from the tablets, so no in-        balance of either oestrogen or progesterone. xx