Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Covid!  (Read 11327 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid!
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2022, 07:31:13 PM »

We haven't booked.  These nags are to 'remind' us that we haven't made an appt for boosters.  MayB we don't want them  :-\.  It's a waste of money.

Our dentist sends a reminder 24 hours prior to an appt.. 

Taz2

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2022, 08:40:22 PM »

We haven't booked.  These nags are to 'remind' us that we haven't made an appt for boosters.  MayB we don't want them  :-\.  It's a waste of money.

Our dentist sends a reminder 24 hours prior to an appt..

Mine sends one 24 hours before and one on the day

littleminnie

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2022, 07:59:13 AM »

Not had any covid reminders

Taz2

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2022, 09:03:32 AM »

Do you mean you haven't been invited yet?

CLKD

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2022, 09:03:57 AM »

R dental surgery rings patients the day B4 to remind them  >:(

littleminnie

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2022, 11:45:54 AM »

Do you mean you haven't been invited yet?

No.  Just booked online

CLKD

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2022, 11:59:02 AM »

Walked in this morning, job done  ;). Didn't feel the needle either  8)

Ju Ju

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2022, 07:55:33 AM »

DH and I had our vaccinations yesterday. Was asked if we had had Covid in the last month. I said yes. She tried to turn us away, saying you have to test negative 4 weeks ago. No that is incorrect. It states clearly online that you count the 4 weeks from when you first tested positive. In our case, that it was 5 weeks. DH showed her the information on his phone. She wasn’t having it! So DH said he wanted to speak to whoever was in charge. She went off to check. Of course, we were right! She said it was open to interpretation. DH stated no it wasn’t. It clearly stated and we wouldn’t have come otherwise. I do enjoy it when DH gets the bit between his teeth! You don’t argue with someone who has dealt with criminals, drunk people and drug addicts in his previous life!

I felt really rough in the night, though a bit better this morning. All the symptoms you are warned about. DH as usual is fine. I’ve cancelled my hair appointment. Perhaps payback for enjoying our interchange with that lady?

I’m relieved to say my asthma symptoms have calmed down. Almost back to my normal.

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2022, 08:38:49 AM »

DH thinks he felt more tired yesterday  ::) and I have a slightly sore arm when turning in the night or stretching. 

Ju Ju

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2022, 07:02:22 PM »

Spoke too soon. Rough day. Just had a shower and the water hurt and I don’t want to eat. Missed my daughter’s birthday.  :(

Limpy

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2022, 07:05:53 PM »

Hope you feel better soon JuJ Ju   :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2022, 08:09:21 PM »

Sudden travelling + Covid catching up Ju Ju?  Your DD can spread her celebrations across the week now ...........

Spangles

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2022, 06:15:35 AM »

**UPDATE**
Hi all, managed to get a phone appointments with doctor on the 14th October . Explained what was going on with having covid, headaches and sinus since I tested positive on the 3rd of September.
She said it could be a sinusitis or worse case scenario a covid related thrombosis! So she said I should visit A&E! I said is that necessary, she said yes.
So off we went for a night out, 6hrs.
Saw the doctor in A&E, and explained what was going on and about my previous and ongoing sinus issues, she was flabbergasted that the GP could have even suggested a thing. She said it’s obvious what’s wrong with me, I have chronic sinusitis and an acute sinus infection brought on by Covid!
So I’m now feeling quite poorly and have to take 8 antibiotics a day and 4 puffs on each side of steroid spray. She has also said I need to use the steroid spray long term.
I’ve got even less faith in the health service than I had before. If the doctor could have been bothered to see me in the first place, I could have got what I needed days ago and been on the road to recovery now.
I then contacted my GP surgery to request a sick note. I received said sick note only for it to say that I was not fit for work due to a ‘headache’!
That was the last straw, I made an official complaint about said GP, the next day I received an amended sick note and I am now waiting on a formal response.
Spangles
xXx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2022, 08:10:19 AM »

Oh ffs spangles!  :cuss:  Good I’m glad you’ve put a complaint in about the doctor. 👍
Hope you feel better soon. xx

My OH still feels overly tired all the time since his booster.
Not eating much either. I’m hoping the side effects will subside soon, it’s been just over a week since he’s had it.

getting_old

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2022, 07:42:18 PM »

Wow, that's just horrible Spangles. Surely they should have had the sense to write the sick note using the information the hospital put on your records.

I hope the antibiotics help and you're feeling better soon  :foryou:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7