Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Problems since COVID  (Read 1088 times)

carlip2913

• First Flush
Problems since COVID
« on: September 13, 2022, 09:38:55 AM »

Hello 🙂

I'm nearly 55 and been on HRT for about 2 years now. Is there a way of knowing if oestrogel dose needs to go up?

I was settled and ok on 3 pumps of oestrogel for a long while (it's definitely the proper oestrogel not a parallel import 🙂) i have a 2 year old Mirena and am on tostran (testosterone gel) 3 pumps a week (blood test confirmed reasonable  levels when last checked). Was still getting vaginal spotting until a few months ago but that had settled. In the last few months  (seems to coincide with  having COVID?) I've started to spot every month again for at least a week sometimes longer and I've felt very teary for the slightest reason, been much more tired and mood and energy lower. I'm thinking hormones but not sure.

Can my oestrogel levels get checked? I've got a review with menopause clinic on the phone in a few weeks but struggling with feeling like this.

Have any of you had anything similar happen? :(

Dotty

Re: Problems since COVID
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 10:39:59 AM »

Hi there are lots of reports of Covid infections and vaccines affecting menopause symptoms or affecting HRT. Look up an interesting article / interview between Nick Panay and Diane Danzebrink where he explains what he thinks is happening xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 11:21:52 AM »

Viruses can affect the body and Covid in particular has been reported as upsetting hormonal levels.  This is the 1st virus to be fully tracked so mayB report your symptoms on the Yellow Card system to aid Research. 

How long until your phone appt.? 

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 12:09:27 PM »

Since covid in July my hot flushes have returned slightly. I'm 68 and have been on HRT for 15 years with no flushes. I was wondering if there was a connection.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 12:36:21 PM »

It really is possible if 1 reads the comments very early on when the Virus struck.

I don't understand my comment  :-\  ::)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 12:27:42 PM by CLKD »

sweettooth

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 10:09:00 AM »

Hi Carlip, YES covid and covid vaccine has def affected my hrt, I am having my bloods tested this week again.  Like u my levels are ok. I really don’t know what the answer is, I am in process of consulting a MS so I’m hoping something can be done as this is at times dreadful☹️ If I get sorted I will post to help other ladies like yourself❤️

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 01:31:34 PM »

It's probably covid/hormonal but perhaps get it checked out on case there's anything else causing it.

Emm225

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 07:26:35 AM »

I am the same and lots of friends have mentioned it when I bought it up....this was after vaccinations as much as after Covid...I have reported it on the system...mind you I'd have still had the vaccininations I think as Covid can be still nasty

laszla

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 10:59:14 AM »

In the Nick Panay interview Dotty mentioned, he says that effects from COVID or the jab on hormones usually resolve after about 2-3 months and no more than 6. They're trying to collate data on this phenomenon and he briefly explains the mechanism.