Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: suicidal  (Read 2434 times)

discogirl

Re: suicidal
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2022, 10:44:53 AM »

By the way CLKD I'm going to get me some crossword puzzles; I have knitting and heaps of books, but I like the idea of crossword puzzles xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2022, 12:30:17 PM »

Knitting scares me  ;D

Gilla999

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2022, 12:41:56 PM »

Discogirl I get the monthly Puzzler Collection book (they sell it in Sainsburys etc) which has lots of different puzzle types inc crosswords. It sits by my bed and I do some every night until my eyes get heavy. I find it more engaging than reading a book and it's like my little comforting routine now! I also find it helps with the psychological fear of "I'm going to sleep now" that you refer to which I totally relate to - instead you're just going to bed to do some puzzles  :)

Yes I've tried Amitriptyline too - most sedating ADs in fact! You do get used to them after a while, which is why I'm in the middle of switching from Mirtazapine to Trazodone which is equally as good for sleep (in my experience). But, if HRT improved your sleep before (it did for me too, hugely) I'm sure it will again and that won't be necessary. Sounds like a good plan to up by half a patch and see how you get on, then increase again if necessary. You don't mention how old you are, but I've read several places that younger women often need higher doses of HRT, so in general nothing to be worried about.

Sending you lots of good vibes - you'll turn this corner soon, it's just a little blip not a full blown "relapse"  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2022, 12:50:50 PM »

The scary thing for me is that set backs send me into a downward spiral in case it doesn't improve  :'(  :-\. Why do we go into negative mood rather than being able to pass through, knowing that this too will pass. 

discogirl

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2022, 03:09:11 PM »

Hi Gilla999,

The monthly puzzler book collection, I shall definately get.

And I'm 56yrs, been post meno about 4 years roughly.

It's such a good idea, the thought that I'm going to bed to do puzzles now.

Thanks so much I really do appreciate the time you've taken xxx

discogirl

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2022, 03:11:47 PM »

Hi CLKD,

You've hit the nail on the head as set backs set me into a similar downward spiral and it made me realise how negative I am.

Instead of thinking well this will pass, I always focus on the negative

xxxx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]