Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Taking local hrt in hand luggage on a flight  (Read 844 times)

menowoman

Taking local hrt in hand luggage on a flight
« on: September 13, 2022, 09:59:32 AM »

Hi.  Ive not flown abroad since starting to use local estrogen cream which comes in quite a large tube which wouldn't fit in the clear bag you use to put your liquids in - not that I'd be keen on it being on view anyway! I think I used to just put vagifem in the box in hand luggage and didn't really think about it.  Or - I do still have some vagifem  left - if I used that while away surely that would just carry on my treatment whilst away? Any ideas?

Joaniepat

Re: Taking local hrt in hand luggage on a flight
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 10:26:31 AM »

If the box has the pharmacy label on it, or you can take a copy of your prescription, it should be fine to take in hand luggage.
JP x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 10:38:00 AM »

Hi prescribed medications is allowed. It doesn’t come under the limits for liquids x

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 10:49:05 AM »

You could squeeze the amount you need into a smaller container, I use an old face cream jar, 100ml, for my Cetraben cream as this is in a large tub. Would 100ml be enough for your holiday?
Are you taking a case to go in the hold, it could go in there.
The Vagifem should be fine but if you're used to a more lubricant cream for your external bits you might want to add a moisturiser too. Vagifem was never enough for me externally which is why I also have  Ovestin.
Prescribed meds need the prescription as Joaniepat said or a letter.