Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New member - VA question  (Read 1449 times)

Finnygritz

• First Flush
New member - VA question
« on: September 12, 2022, 08:42:46 PM »

Hello Ladies, I've read everything I could find re VA external dryness/burning and just wondering if - with continued Vagifem/moisutizers/ointments - things ever go back to feeling normal or if there's always going to be some level of sensitivity. Currently doing a 3 day cycle, day 1 Vagifem days 2 & 3 vaginal moisutizer, use v magic balm every day externally.
I should consider myself fortunate after reading through this site, my only issue is vulvar/bum crack burning but it definitely makes sitting difficult and can only handle being in a car for about a 1/2 hour.
I'm in my first month of Vagifem and am noticing improvement but still can't sit at work without using a donut cushion and intermittent standing desk. Sat around too long yesterday and paying the price today >:(

Marchlove

Re: New member - VA question
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 09:14:36 PM »

It all sounds pretty horrid for you at the moment, quite common I’m afraid

I’ve been fortunate, in that so far at least, not had many issues in this regard.

Just wanted to post so that more ladies will see your thread and be better able to advise.

Welcome to you by the way! X

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 09:38:28 PM »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can get back to normal once you find the right level of treatment. However, it can take a while and a month isn't very long. Can you ask for some Ovestin for the labia? Vagifem isn't always effective for the external area, so the addition of an estriol cream there should help. For what it's worth, my routine now is 5 Vagifem per week plus Ovestin externally every other night. No moisturisers needed now, although I use an emollient (50-50 ointment) on the labia if I'm going to do a lot of sitting, and wash with either plain water or Cetraben. The Putnams cushions with the Huff cut-out are good and take the pressure off. (Can't post link to a commercial site on this forum, but you can Google Putnams.) Glad to read you are seeing some improvement though.
JP x

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 09:43:11 PM »

The treatment takes a long time to work, for me it was 4 months before I started to feel normal again, but even now after nearly a year I can still get the odd flare up.
I was exactly like you, I had to sit on a cushion and couldn't sit down for long without experiencing extreme discomfort. VA is a chronic condition and you must take the treatment for life, for me its vagifem, ovestin and moisturiser every day.

You will get there in the end, just needs lots of patience.

Cara999

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 09:54:10 PM »

It's such an awful condition to live with but it dies get better un my case very slowly  I have periods of feeling okay and then not so good again. I wa like you at one point and couldn't sit for long, thankfully its easier now.

I take Vagifem every other night and use balance active gel on the other nights with a little estriol cream on the vulva.

Hope you soon get some relief xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 09:19:52 AM »

:welcomemm:  get that treatment up there ;-) for at least 3 weeks.  When I get the need2P feelings I take 'nurofen' to ease the nip as the urine flow stops.  Let us know how you get on.

Finnygritz

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 01:52:25 PM »

Thank you for giving me hope! I've been dealing with this for quite some time and just realized it's VA. Have ointments from every mfg, magic underwear, bamboo tp - you name it I've tried it. Also taking omega 7s and getting some hyaluronic acid supplements to see if that helps (along with the HA VM).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 01:55:46 PM »

VA treatment needs to be used every night for 2-3 weeks in order to plump up the tissues . Then every 3rd and 6th night though some require nightly for years. Some moisturisers can be used on the outer labia but won't replace the oestrogen lost which causes the body to become dry: inside and out.  Get rid of the 'extras' because you won't know what is working.  Yes or sylc can help as can 'ovestin' on the outer areas. 

Other products may have fillers which could cause more problems than you have already. 

Minusminnie

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 10:26:18 AM »

Thank you for giving me hope! I've been dealing with this for quite some time and just realized it's VA. Have ointments from every mfg, magic underwear, bamboo tp - you name it I've tried it. Also taking omega 7s and getting some hyaluronic acid supplements to see if that helps (along with the HA VM).

As your burning is mainly in the vulva/bum crack area you may find this website useful.  They list vulva clinics and daily care tips etc.

https://vulvalpainsociety.org/

https://vulvalpainsociety.org/get-support/advice-for-daily-life/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 10:41:23 AM by Minusminnie »