Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stopping hrt  (Read 1998 times)

Jan1234

Stopping hrt
« on: September 11, 2022, 09:48:50 PM »

After being on oestrogel and 100mg ultrogeston fir the past 8 months jve decided to stop my hrt and im so scared of whats to come, ive been bleeding and spotting off and on all through the past 8 months  since i started this hrt i was advised last December to come off hrt until i had my polyps removed so i came off it for 8 weeks i didnt bleed at all but i. Struggled terrible i felt awful, i started ultrogeston and oestrogel in feb after polyp was removed and had problems since with bleeding since then have tried upping to 200mg made no difference at all what i tried, so last month gp referred me back to gynecology so. App next week, but since 20th aug i been constantly spptting or having bouts of heavy bleeding just cant cope no more ive got to watch what clothes i wear as scared im going be out and just start bleeding heavy i take my hrt at night and when i wake i bleed heavy in morning then it seems to stop but today its really heavy and terrible pain im positive its the hrt im on ive spoke to my gp about changing it and she said it wont work, im 58 and dont want to be having periods again but cant go on like this then spoke to gp about going back on to a sequel and she said not advisable at my age i shouldn't be bleeding at all i just give up i know from past experience my life is down hill from now i cant function without it but cant cope with tje bleeding no more any advice please cause im not getting any from my gp thanks

Taz2

Re: Stopping hrt
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 11:20:35 PM »

Sorry this is just a quick reply but your GP is wrong about not being able to use a sequi HRT at your age. There are members on here who have chosen sequi in their 60s due to problems with bleeding on the conti regime or with the way continuous progesterone makes them feel. Good luck with your appointment. I'm glad you have been referred. Could there be a new polyp?

Taz x  :hug:

Jan1234

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 08:33:21 AM »

Taz2 i know people still on sequel in their 60s but my gp is saying no to me i don't really want to be hving periods but at least il know where i am, i dont think polyps are back as i started this hrt 2 days after having my polyps removed and bleeding basically started within days so we will see next week, i was on.a sequel till 2019 then changed to. Conti. Since then ive had problems. With polyps

Weeloz

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 10:12:03 AM »

I have just stopped taking hrt today due to bleeds . I will seer if I can manage without it

Jan1234

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 10:24:14 AM »

Hi weeloz hope you manage ok i know im going struggle i did when i was off it for 8.weeks before, its my joint pain that will be the worse as i also have oestroarthithus unfortunately supplemnents for this makes me sick otherwise i would take some

Weeloz

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 01:58:53 PM »

Jane1234 I hope you are ok and managed without it too . I know how you feel 're the bleeding that is why I have stopped too . Can you take pain killers for your joint pain or ask for a strong one from your gp

Jan1234

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 06:06:12 PM »

I do take painkillers when needed but when i came off hrt last time the pains i was gettting was twice as worse i feel like an old lady 1st thing in the morning really bad hrt really helped with the joint pain, i cant stomache strong painkillers plus i drive in mornings so cant be having the effect of strong painkillers in my system hope you manage to cope off the hrt or get an alternative sorted

Nas

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 08:10:16 PM »

From what I remember, you don’t want a coil? It’s stopped my bleeding dead in its tracks. No bleeds at all.

Jan1234

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 05:54:54 AM »

Hi nas no i really dont want a coil but the way im going might have to im seeing gynecology next week so il go from there at the moment im bleeding so heavy and i stopped hrt sat and still heavy ive just had a enough glad its sorted you out nas so have you had any side effects at all with coil
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 06:23:07 AM by Jan1234 »

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2022, 07:31:02 AM »

As you have stopped HRT then bleeding is to be expected due to the progesterone withdrawal. Hopefully this should soon lessen.

Taz x  :hug:

Jan1234

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 09:48:06 AM »

Taz2 hopefully as in agony today and hospital just cancelled my appointment next week im gutted

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 09:54:30 AM »

Oh no that's dreadful. What painkillers can you tolerate?

Taz x

Jan1234

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 12:03:42 PM »

Taz2 im taking ibuprofen and dissolvable paracetamol

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 12:07:45 PM »

That's good. Ibuprofen contains an ingredient which can lessen bleeding. How heavy is it now? How many pads/tampons/both are you getting through?

Taz x

Jan1234

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 12:16:27 PM »

Still quite heavy just came r through tampoon lucky i had  a pad on as well that had been on for just under 1h and half eased again now but terrible pain hopefully will start easing as day goes on i been feeling sick and dizzy i expect thats from stopping hrt, i wish i hadnt stopped it now im so worried of whats to come i know im going feel dreadful im teary allready
Pages: [1] 2