Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 1120 times)

Stacey Kerry

• First Flush
Need advice
« on: September 14, 2022, 11:48:35 AM »

Hi All
I'm turning 42 in January and after a few chats with friends that are a little older, it's possible I may be experiencing peri menopause
I'm so lost with it all tbh, what do I do to get this confirmed, is there a hormone level test or something?
I'm struggling to sleep at night, I have night sweats when I do eventually fall asleep, my hair texture has changed, skin is now getting itchy rashes in places, I'm irritable all the time, no energy, feel really down and can't seem to get out of this funk.

Flossieteacake

Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 12:07:06 PM »

Hello Stacey Kerry. Welcome to the forum. Some GPs will ask you to have a blood test as you are under 45 but others will go by your symptoms and start you on a HRT regime. I would make an appointment with your GP and discuss this with them. I know it feels horrible now but hopefully with the right HRT, you will feel much better.  :)

Stacey Kerry

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 12:12:46 PM »

Thank you.
I feel quite overwhelmed by it all, our GP isn't the best for getting in to be seen quickly and aren't the most proactive with patients but at least I'll get the process started.
Is anyone able to comment regarding smelling acrid smoke if you feel hot, eg if my body temp is remotely increased like at night or in the gym I get a disgusting smoke smell which I can literally taste it because it's so strong?
Is lower back and joint pain common too... It's hard to know anymore which is just old age creeping in or hormonally caused  :-\

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 12:22:34 PM »

That is frustrating. I hope you can get an appointment as soon as possible.

Menopause causes me to smell odd things. Often I think I can smell playdough or something else that cannot be true. It seems to play havoc with sense of smell.

Lower back pain and joint pain are signs you are lacking oestrogen. This is were HRT can help as it will replace what you are lacking.

You are not old, Stacey Kerry. I know menopause makes us feel old though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 12:24:31 PM »

Morning.  Yep hormones can play havoc with our sense of smell/taste.  I had 'tamoxifen' in the 1990s which increased my sense of smell  :o .......

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains; as well as the body may become dry: inside and out.

Browse round.  make notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 01:05:08 PM »

Have a look at the Advice for Husbands pinned post, it isn't a definitive list but has many of the symptoms you can get.