Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Period for 19 days so far....Still ongoing  (Read 576 times)

Susie B

Re: Period for 19 days so far....Still ongoing
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2024, 07:01:59 AM »

Would you mind me asking why you don't want the coil? I am also having heavy bleeding, though not as much as you. I have been prescribed daily Uterogestan, which I am taking vaginally. The plus side is it gives amazing sleep, though it has lessened but not controlled the bleeding yet. I have been reading about ablation. Both it and the mirena ( or a lower dose version of it) is much less invasive that a hysterectomy, which is major surgery and I'm a bit scared of it. Saying that it does help a lot of women.

jaypo

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2024, 02:18:04 PM »

Having had an ablation,some women don't tolerate it well,I was ok but two other ladies in hospital at the same time as me were in terrible pain and the end result for me was,it just didn't work.
I don't know enough about the coil to comment but having heard bad things (as well as good) that was enough for me not to get it but my fibroids were huge and I was told a hysterectomy would be the best option.
The op itself was fine, I had no adverse reactions at all and as it was done vaginally, I got home in 24 hours,up and walking about the very next morning.
I'm not trying to sway you in any way,it's a decision that is up to you and you alone,I'm just giving you my experience xx

samson1706

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2024, 05:01:13 PM »

Would you mind me asking why you don't want the coil? I am also having heavy bleeding, though not as much as you. I have been prescribed daily Uterogestan, which I am taking vaginally. The plus side is it gives amazing sleep, though it has lessened but not controlled the bleeding yet. I have been reading about ablation. Both it and the mirena ( or a lower dose version of it) is much less invasive that a hysterectomy, which is major surgery and I'm a bit scared of it. Saying that it does help a lot of women.

I just don't want it as to experiences through family and friends have put me off it tbh and it might not work as a lot of women I know it hasn't worked for so that is why. There are different types of hysterectomy so I want an option after asking for a scan firstly. Anyway was in work today and I couldn't cope so I called Dr and she told me to start norethisterone tablets again but taking them 3 times daily until my appointment.

samson1706

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2024, 05:08:46 PM »

Having had an ablation,some women don't tolerate it well,I was ok but two other ladies in hospital at the same time as me were in terrible pain and the end result for me was,it just didn't work.
I don't know enough about the coil to comment but having heard bad things (as well as good) that was enough for me not to get it but my fibroids were huge and I was told a hysterectomy would be the best option.
The op itself was fine, I had no adverse reactions at all and as it was done vaginally, I got home in 24 hours,up and walking about the very next morning.
I'm not trying to sway you in any way,it's a decision that is up to you and you alone,I'm just giving you my experience xx

No your not swaying me in anyway at all, I want this to stop and if after the scan they say as last time I still have lots of fibroids then yes I will be going for the operation as isn't it more dangerous to still have the fibroids there after the menopause as I heard it can then cause cancer.

Can I ask did you get put asleep for it? And how soon after could you go back to work etc? X

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2024, 06:32:26 PM »

Oh yes,it was a general anaesthetic, I believe they can do it keyhole also,they will always try those two ways first before making any incisions,as recovery is much quicker that way. I still wasn't allowed to drive for 6 weeks but I was up and about doing light housework in about 2/3 weeks but no lifting etc for the 6 weeks either
Xx

samson1706

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2024, 02:30:41 AM »

Oh yes,it was a general anaesthetic, I believe they can do it keyhole also,they will always try those two ways first before making any incisions,as recovery is much quicker that way. I still wasn't allowed to drive for 6 weeks but I was up and about doing light housework in about 2/3 weeks but no lifting etc for the 6 weeks either
Xx
[/quot

Ok thanks for letting me know...even after starting taking norethisterone tablets yesterday 3 x day I woke up with worse flooding..its just scaring me it's something else x

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2024, 08:20:48 AM »

Try not to worry my lovely, it is most likely the fibroids,my flooding was absolutely terrible,when it got to be anytime,anywhere, I knew it was time for the op, I was terribly anaemic also and the ferrous sulphate stopped working as well,you can't go on like this,you're doing the right thing by getting it all checked out. Do let us know how you get on x

samson1706

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2024, 04:58:18 PM »

Try not to worry my lovely, it is most likely the fibroids,my flooding was absolutely terrible,when it got to be anytime,anywhere, I knew it was time for the op, I was terribly anaemic also and the ferrous sulphate stopped working as well,you can't go on like this,you're doing the right thing by getting it all checked out. Do let us know how you get on x

I will do and thank you for your advice and just listening x

sheila99

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2024, 06:11:38 PM »

I would ask if you can have a scan. You may find a reason for the bleeding.

samson1706

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2024, 02:28:36 AM »

I would ask if you can have a scan. You may find a reason for the bleeding.

Yes I have an appointment done for one. Thanks 😊
Pages: 1 [2]