Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Therapy assessment update  (Read 2081 times)

Penguin

Re: Therapy assessment update
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2023, 07:13:56 PM »

I think part of it is getting to know yourself and what you need to do at any given time to pass through it and feel better. Sometimes I'm better making sure I get out amd do stuff even just a walk or coffee with a friend, and other times I am just so overwhelmed I need to take myself upstairs with a book and kust have quiet time with zero expectations. I'm getting better at knowing but it certainly doesn't help when people think you should just get on with it or so x, y or z. Sometimes you just can't, hey.

SarahT

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2023, 07:49:40 PM »

Am with you on this Penguin.

A big part for.me is acceptance, not only of how I have changed with all this, but, like you say,  (as far as life let's us) adapting to and reacting to how we feel on each  day... And even then it can alter through the day!

And yes please!  we would all.love to just get on with it wouldn't we?  But unless you are going through similar yourself then it is difficult to understand.

Hence the importance of this forum and each person who is part of it.  ( as you have for me too)  Whether it be advice, support or  just saying 'yeah I get how you feel '

Zero expectations is a fab way of putting it on those days that are just too much.  Take care xx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2023, 07:46:51 AM »

Am with you on this Penguin.

A big part for.me is acceptance, not only of how I have changed with all this, but, like you say,  (as far as life let's us) adapting to and reacting to how we feel on each  day... And even then it can alter through the day!

And yes please!  we would all.love to just get on with it wouldn't we?  But unless you are going through similar yourself then it is difficult to understand.

Hence the importance of this forum and each person who is part of it.  ( as you have for me too)  Whether it be advice, support or  just saying 'yeah I get how you feel '

Zero expectations is a fab way of putting it on those days that are just too much.  Take care xx
Wow this is so how I feel SarahT the dips are want makes it all so difficult as in the back of my head I know it will appear and that defo increases my anixety. Xx

Kathleen

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2023, 08:06:07 AM »

Hello again ladies.

I agree that the dips in mood etc lead to the dips in confidence. It is so hard not knowing how you will feel or if you will be able to cope with a situation.

My trusty Meno book says that mood /emotional problems do resolve just as other meno symptoms do. I am keeping everything crossed that this is correct.

Take care ladies.

K.

SarahT

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2023, 10:23:48 AM »

Hi Ladies,

Yeah, it's the inconsistency for me. As you say Kathleen it does make you lose confidence in yourself. Where we  are constantly waiting for ' the fall ' because,random as it may be, we know we cover every range of mood several times in a day.

I experience the severe mood swings,and try to keep calm knowing they will pass. But truth is I don't even remember how I really was mood wise before peri!but I am sure I wasn't so up and down every single day.

So. Trying to accept, reminding myself it will pass, enjoy the better days, and wait for a time when things will be less chaotic.  I think physically I have improved on a higher dose of estradot so let's hope the moods catch up too.

I fell so supported and I know how much these .posts help us all.

Take care all

Losingtheplot

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2023, 08:13:11 AM »

Hello again ladies.

I agree that the dips in mood etc lead to the dips in confidence. It is so hard not knowing how you will feel or if you will be able to cope with a situation.

My trusty Meno book says that mood /emotional problems do resolve just as other meno symptoms do. I am keeping everything crossed that this is correct.

Take care ladies.

K.

Ahh this is reassuring to read Kathleen! Can you message me the book you are reading please thanks

Losingtheplot

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2023, 08:22:17 AM »

Hi Ladies,

Yeah, it's the inconsistency for me. As you say Kathleen it does make you lose confidence in yourself. Where we  are constantly waiting for ' the fall ' because,random as it may be, we know we cover every range of mood several times in a day.

I experience the severe mood swings,and try to keep calm knowing they will pass. But truth is I don't even remember how I really was mood wise before peri!but I am sure I wasn't so up and down every single day.

So. Trying to accept, reminding myself it will pass, enjoy the better days, and wait for a time when things will be less chaotic.  I think physically I have improved on a higher dose of estradot so let's hope the moods catch up too.

I fell so supported and I know how much these .posts help us all.

Take care all

Hey hunni the mood swings oh yes laughing one min, crying the next and just immense anger another part of the day!

Its so exhausting. No wonder our anxiety levels are so high we don't know what to expect at any given time.
I really hope all of this passes soon for us all. My intense burning sessions seemed to have stopped after 10 days of it non stop! So that gives me hope other symptoms like palps, anxiety and moods can also even out. X

SarahT

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2023, 09:31:54 AM »

Well despite everything we go through each day, never quite expecting anything Other than the unexpected.... Most days I think we are all doing ok.

It's not right to have these mad mood swings, that can leave us scared and vulnerable. But with knowledge and support we mostly muddle or ways through.  Just helps so much to have this forum, and each other when we have questions, or quite simply crash.

Glad the burning is easing for you, that is a positive. You sound quite encouraged today.😍

Also approaching for therapy. As Peanut advised, do tell them on the assessment, exactly how bad it can make you feel and the impact this has on your day to day life.

I wish a good day to all. Xx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2023, 11:03:58 AM »

Hi Lovely

I have had a very challenging morning with anxiety and gastric issues and thoughts floating around again but I actually managed to close my mind to most of them! And focus on some positives I could find and one of them was the awful chest/face burning had gone!
Your so right we shouldnt have to suffer like this and with having depression most of my adult life I thought things would now stay stable! But no the bloody menpause. Its here and we have to deal with it but like you have said so many times unless you are going thru it no one truly understands.
Please keep us updated on your therapy and I should receive an assessment shortly and then may have a lengthy wait to see a therapist but at least its a start.
Have a lovely day hunni xxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2023, 11:06:51 AM »

It is so positive the chest pain and burning has gone. Little steps but it all adds up. :)

Losingtheplot

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2023, 07:47:00 AM »

Yes Flossie now just need the anxiety and moods under control if possible  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]