Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Questions re. Ovestin  (Read 1817 times)

holidaylover

Questions re. Ovestin
« on: September 10, 2022, 06:45:39 PM »

Needing a wee bit advice ladies, I have been using Ovestin for the past five nights.  The problem I have is that I am extremely sore 'inside' which has made my times of intimacy with my husband impossible. Feels like broken glass, tight, and extremely painful.  I don't have any other issues except for this apart from occasional itching, which I have always suffered from whilst I was having periods (Always new when they would start as I began to itch). I have been period free for the past four years.   So, I plucked up the courage and saw a female doctor and asked her for something for Vaginal Atrohpy.  She didn't ask me my symptoms but gave me a prescription for Ovestin.  What I am struggling with are two things:  Firstly, I am finding it hard to get the applicator clean after using.  I am washing it in warm soapy water, then rinsing but I just cannot get rid of the cream from the inside.  I'm now scared this will give me an infection.  Anyone else found this?  Secondly, I am noticing a bit of discharge, which I have never had before.  I don't know whether this is just a side effect or if the cream is actually coming back out again!   :-\

Flossieteacake

Re: Questions re. Ovestin
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 06:49:50 PM »

Hello holidaylover. I have never been able to remove the remains of Ovestin from the inside of the applicator after washing it. I am not sure it is even possible. I know some people do use a straw cleaner so maybe that helps. I would not think you can get an infection from this. I just wash mine in hand soap.

Is the discharge watery? If so that is a symptom of VA. I get that constantly.

holidaylover

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 07:02:01 PM »

Thanks Flossie
I'll not concern myself now about the cleaning if that's a normal thing.  The cream is so thick I just couldn't work out how I was to remove it from the applicator.  I've never had any discharge until using Ovestin so dont think it's to do the atrophy.  It's not watery, just a cream stain on my knickers!  I just wondered if the cream was not getting to where it was supposed to go and dropping back out again!!!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 07:07:10 PM »

Thanks Flossie
I'll not concern myself now about the cleaning if that's a normal thing.  The cream is so thick I just couldn't work out how I was to remove it from the applicator.  I've never had any discharge until using Ovestin so dont think it's to do the atrophy.  It's not watery, just a cream stain on my knickers!  I just wondered if the cream was not getting to where it was supposed to go and dropping back out again!!!

That could be the Ovestin then. After applying it, I try to wait at least half an hour before going to the bathroom. I will get some on the tissue when I do go.

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 07:08:30 PM »

It's just the residue of the cream, you will have absorbed the active ingredient but the base has to go somewhere! As to cleaning the applicator, are you pulling it apart to clean it? I only ask because sometimes people don't realise you can do that. Apologies if I am stating the obvious! Hope you feel better soon, although it can take a while sometimes.
JP x

Jenna

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 07:22:51 PM »

You can easily clean the applicator with pipe cleaners from the craft section of a pound shop or similar. Just try not to buy the glittery ones.  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 07:47:56 PM »

I ordered 20 small brushes used for small bottles, they work for me ;-)
Or twisting a piece of Kleenex man-sized tissue and inserting dry then wet then dry into the end - B4 washing in warm soapy water

Until the vaginal walls begin to soak up the treatment, there may well be a bit of discharge.  I use it at night .........

MayB if you are sore don't insert too deeply initially.  I also spread some around the outer vaginal area to stop any dryness.

Don't try sex - yet ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 07:48:40 PM »

Could you draw a diagram Joaniepat  ;D - I've looked at my applicator ..........  :-\

Joaniepat

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 08:08:16 PM »

Could you draw a diagram Joaniepat  ;D - I've looked at my applicator ..........  :-\
You pull the plunger bit out of the barrel bit, give it a sharp tug!
JP x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 08:22:36 PM »

;D - I'll give it a whirl later  ;D and report back.  That is, if I remember  ::)

holidaylover

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 10:49:52 AM »

Didn't know you could pull it apart either!!  Scared I cant put it together again!!  Thanks for the advice everybody, think I can put up with a wee bit discharge if it helps in other ways  ;).  Just wanted to check if that was normal.