Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Just Ache!  (Read 956 times)

JacM

• First Flush
Just Ache!
« on: September 21, 2022, 04:21:05 PM »

Hi everyone

I am brand new to this site and really glad I've found it.
I literally ache from head to toe.
I stopped taking my HRT about 3 months ago and as much as I don't believe in coincidences, it seems too strange that my severe aches and pains started at around the same time.
My ankles and knees are the worst but weirdly by hands ache, elbows, shoulders etc - feels like everything has ceased up.
I have been doing yoga 3 times a week for about 3 years but now can bearly move on the mat.
I am 56 so think I must be post menopausal, but having taken HRT and having a monthly bleed I cannot be sure when I actually entered menopause.
Just wondering if anyone else has severe aches and pains - it is leading to insomnia and really affecting my quality of life.  Any one else had this and found anything that helps?  Thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just Ache!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 04:23:39 PM »

Hi! why did you stop if the regime was working?

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  The body may become dry: inside and out; nostrils, deep in the ears, scalp, skin, vagina ..........

:welcomemm:  browse round.

Flossieteacake

Re: Just Ache!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 05:52:25 PM »

Hello JacC. Welcome to the forum. By stopping the HRT your body is no longer getting the oestrogen you were providing it so this would explain why you have aches and pains. Lack of oestrogen can causes muscle and bone pain. If you felt okay on the HRT then I would go back on it. I know you may have had a reason for stopping such as you did not get on with it though.