Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help  (Read 1097 times)

Devonian

Help
« on: September 08, 2022, 08:39:42 AM »

I'm lost with all this ans feeling so unwell, don't know what dosage to try next and GP useless.  Post meno

6 successful months on 2x oestrogel and 100mg utrogestan, then a horrendous month of bleeding and feeling awful.

Saw GP put on evoril conti, not told it was twice as strong, severely unwell after 2 weeks.

Went back to oestrogel and utrogestan out of desperation to feel normal.   One week later I am still off work feeling awful, the mother of all headaches that no drugs will touch and anxious and jittery.

My first thought was progesterone intolerance so have stopped that and opted for 7 days a month vaginally.   However still feel rough,   is it too much oestrogel?   Perhaps it has built up in my system over 6 months hence the huge bleed? 

I had this years ago with the contraceptive implant and the depo injection,  all goes well until the 6 month mark then I feel awful.

GP has zero answers,  I have to find a solution I literally cannot function and its ruining my life.

Pippa52

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 04:20:33 PM »

Devonian ....So so sorry to hear this I really feel for you and can empathise totally.  I have spent the last 5 months feeling totally awful due to many changes on HRT regimes and doses.  The turning point for me was going to see a Menopause Consultant who has put me on the right road now.  My GP is lovely but not knowledgeable on HRT.  Would it be at all possible for you to see a Menopause Consultant or go to a Menopause clinic as they are the ones with the knowledge to really help.  Some GP's are brilliant and informed but sadly so many are not and it's not right that you are suffering so.  The other alternative might be to email Dr Currie on here.  I think there is a fee?  but the right info could be life changing for you.  Hope so much you can get some help very soon and start on the road to feeling better xx

Devonian

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 08:25:09 PM »

we are lucky even to speak to a GP on the phone in under 2 weeks, and then never your own one.    I wouldn't think we have a meno clinic (Devon).   

I think it's trial and error until I cannot stand it anymore,  I have an 11 year old and I work, currently on wk 2 of being off sick through this, will lose my job at this rate.

It's the overwhelming constant head throbbing, teeth aching, blurred vision that I can't cope with. It's destroying me.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 08:48:53 PM »

Evorel conti should be the same dose as 2 pumps gel though may absorb differently. I would ask for a scan to see why you are bleeding then make a decision, it could be thickened lining or you could have fibroids or polyps. All post menopausalbbleeding should be investigated. If you've been fine on gel an utro for 6 months it's unlikely you've developed an intolerance to prog. Is it right that all was well apart from the bleeding? If it was I would go back on the 2 pumps and possibly change the prog depending on what the scan shows. If the lining has thickened a higher dose or change of prog would be indicated not a lower dose. It's possible you picked up a bug and/or evorel didn't suit you. Covid is known to mess things up.

Devonian

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 09:03:19 AM »

Thanks for the reply.   Def not a bug or covid.

I do have history of intolerance of hormones after 6 months as mentioned so I think it's the same with HRT.   I think my poor body has been flooded with too higher doses and finally explodes after 6 months and cannot cope with anymore. 

I sailed through meno with no symptoms, 2 yrs later I started HRT only because I have a problem with my eyes and was advised it could help slow down the illness.   So I'm thinking my hormone levels were probably OK as I had no symptoms and the HRT send them through the roof.

Pippa52

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 11:28:53 AM »

Devonian - the menopause clinic I went to offers both telephone and video consultations so it doesn't matter what area you live in.  Just a thought - I feel sure there must be others doing the same especially since lock down?  Do hope you start to feel better soon x

Devonian

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 01:28:30 PM »

Update - reduced to 1 pump of estrogen 2 days ago, definitely feeling more like myself thank goodness!   Plus no progesterone for about 4 days.

So I'm thinking it was def hormone overload, far too higher dose.

I will continue with 1 pump and plan on using utrogestan vaginally for 5 days a month.  See where that takes me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 03:56:58 PM »

Let us know how you get on.