Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vagifem keeps falling out  (Read 1475 times)

shrosphirelass

Vagifem keeps falling out
« on: September 09, 2022, 11:37:48 AM »

Hi all, I haven't been on here for ages and I hope that things are going well for everyone.

I have been on vagifem for 2 years and after some initial problems have found it very helpful and was able to use the maintenance amount of twice weekly. The last 3 times I have inserted it, the tablet has fallen out. I see it the next day it, looks a bit squashed but is pretty much whole. I haven't had a return in symptoms so am at a loss to explain this. I'm feeling slightly uncomfortable today but don't know if I'm imagining it!

Has anyone get any suggestions? I insert it as high as I can lying down when I have gone to bed.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem keeps falling out
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 12:27:10 PM »

Is it a pessary which can be squeezed onto the finger to insert?  Some do have problems if the area up high is dry. 

You could ask for 'ovestin' instead?

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 12:41:00 PM »

It could be your muscles are tightening up, I know after nearly a year of inserting the pessary I get it wrong sometimes and fail to push it up far enough and usually have to help it on its way with my finger and some moisturiser, I look like a comedy act struggling, I could do with a longer finger to be honest. But it's always to do with muscle tightness when this happens with me.

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 12:51:56 PM »

It sounds like you could be very dry inside and the pessary is not sticking. This is also why you are now starting to feel uncomfortable. I suggest you do a reload and use a pessary everynight for a couple of weeks, also use moisturisers until the Vagifem starts to work again, YES products are very good and will help the pessary stick better and dissolve.

I had this problem years ago when I first started using Vagifem as I was so dry.

You may need to use more than twice weekly after your reload and do additional reloads as needed.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 10:37:27 PM by Dierdre »

JoJo42

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 06:26:59 PM »

I agree with Dierdre. I recently had the same problem due to dryness. I did a vagifem reload and used a dab of Yes WB on the pessary and put some also on the pessary applicator stick to help insertion. I haven’t had any issues with the pessary coming out since.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 05:32:33 AM by JoJo42 »

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 02:19:26 PM »

Thanks all. I used wb on the end of the applicator and on the applicator itself last night. It didn't appear to fall out so will continue with this and do a reload as suggested.

Might explain why I keep having to go to the toilet for a wee, not like an infection but as soon as I empty my bladder I start to feel the need to go again. Hopefully this will improve with the above tweaks.

Nicodemus

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 02:51:32 PM »

Yep, the needing to pee a lot is a classic VA symptom.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 03:51:53 PM »

Yep agreed: use the treatment for as long as required to avoid that need2P feeling.  Once the vaginal tissues plump up symptoms should ease.