Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is there any danger coming off utrogestan for 9 days? I want to move from contin  (Read 678 times)

Lily102

Can I go off utrogestan for 9 days? I want to move from continuous to cyclical?

Age. 52
Started HRT. Dec  2017
HRT Treatment Evorel 25(2 month), Fem 2/10 (4.5 years). Oestrogel (2 to 3 pumps) and Utrogestan 100g (16 days)

Current Symptoms: low energy, low mood, slow brain, apathy, tight breathing (couldn't yawn properly for 1 day). Period due next Wednesday.
Symptoms 2017: Brain fog, fatigue, low mood, low energy, apathy, awful period cramps for up to 5 hours 1 day during period.

Menopause stage. Think I'm still peri.

I started oestrogel 16 days ago. The first 5 to 7 days were excellent. The last 7 haven't been so good. The old symptoms I was hoping to eliminate from new treatment are back. From spending a lot of time on this great site yesterday I think daily progesterone is probably the issue. Thanks Hurdity!!

I'm going to go back to cyclical and then I will only have progesterone 12 or 14 days per month. I've also decided against the mirena coil for a while longer. I think Evorel sequential didn't work because of the progesterone.

Thanks

sheila99

When you say period due - is that your own period? If it is I would stop utro 2 days before it's due. If you stop now it may trigger a hrt induced bleed which could mess up your own cycle.

Lily102

Thanks Sheila99.

I have a regular bleed every month and I'm not sure whether it's period or withdrawal bleed. I'd been on Fem2/10 for 4.5 years.
Period due next Tuesday so I don't mind a few days earlier.

I got lots of help with this particular question from this post:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=63250.0

I'm very grateful to all the kind and helpful people here.

Lily102

This post:https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=63227.0