Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Moving from sequential to continuous HRT  (Read 1190 times)

Rubyrue

• First Flush
Moving from sequential to continuous HRT
« on: September 07, 2022, 06:16:37 AM »

Hi all, I am 54 and after 4 or maybe 5 years (memory issues)  on various types of HRT I wanted to try continuous for no bleed. I have been on evorel 75mg and Utrogestan for a couple of years so decided I would just take 1 Utrogestan daily instead of 2 for 14 days. This is the end of my second month and I have had a return of night sweats and my anxiety (usually just about manageable) is off the chart. Am wondering if this is normal and should it settle down? Work and everything else is so difficult when all you want to do is hide under the duvet 😬.
Worth persevering? Anyone had similar problem?
Thanks in anticipation 🤞

Hurdity

Re: Moving from sequential to continuous HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 08:25:12 AM »

Hi Rubyrue

Its difficult to explain the sudden increase in sweats though some women do seem to experience more flushes and sweats on the progesterone part of the cycle, so taking it continuously may be causing this, as well as symptoms such as anxiety. I would never take it continuously.

If you are taking it orally you might like to try vaginal delivery though again I wouldn't want to do this continuously due to effects on bladder and general fatigue.

The other thing is it might be coincidence. Approx two years following the last ovulation, oestrogen levels fall dramatically until they bottom out, and some women experience a worsening of symptoms at this point or they occur for the first time. Could this be the case for you? As you have been taking HRT, your cycle will have been going on in the background so I presume you don't know when your last ovulation took place?

Could it be therefore that you need to increase you oestrogen at this point?

So several suggestions - take prog vaginally, go back to a cycle, or increase oestrogen.

Hope this helps and you sort it out soon :)

Hurdity x

Rubyrue

• First Flush
Re: Moving from sequential to continuous HRT
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 08:38:59 AM »

A lot to think about Hurdity, thanks for the advice. I do take it vaginally after watching Louise Newsons podcasts. A return to cycle is probably the way to go although I would have loved to skip the bleed. Increased anxiety (and I mean massive) down to lower oestrogen possibly? Could ask doc for the 100 mg. Def worth a try.
Thanks so much for the direction. Appreciate it.