Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Period pains  (Read 662 times)

Lawrie

• First Flush
Period pains
« on: December 05, 2022, 03:25:32 PM »

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site. Can anyone help me? I have been on hrt for nearly a year now. I am using the oestrogel gel each day and also one 100mg utrogestan capsule. I have had no real problems or side effects until about a week ago. I started to get what I can only describe as period pains. They come and go. Sometimes I have them for most of the day, sometimes they come on in the evening, sometimes it is only for a short amount of time. I stopped my periods 10 years ago so it was a surprise to get the cramps back. Thankfully there is no bleeding. When I saw a doctor last week they said it was a uti and I am on antibiotics  but I think it is connected to my hrt meds. I can't get an appointment with a doctor who is more informed about the menopause for another fortnight. Has anyone else had these period pains? I'm reluctant to stop the hrt as it took 9 years to get it!!! Any help would be really appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Period pains
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 04:26:29 PM »

Hi!  Oh the Santa hats are back  ;D

Right - period pains may be triggered by HRT.  Was a fresh urine sample sent to a Lab to be grown to see if there is a 'bug'?  Negligent of your GP if not, many simply dish out ABs as if it's the magic cure.

Hopefully someone will be along with sensible advice.

:welcomemm:  browse round. 

Lawrie

• First Flush
Re: Period pains
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 10:26:49 PM »

Sadly not. I think I have had so many uni's in the past that it was thought that antibiotics were the best thing. I've done so well this year not having ab's for uti's and I think the hrt has definitely helped with that. Would be a shame to stop the hrt now.
Like your santa hat by the way