Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi 50 - Migraines, Exhaustion, Cut them in half.... help!!  (Read 2043 times)

SWJ

• First Flush

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice please, if any of you other ladies have had the same issues as me?

I have been on Evorel Sequi patches for 5 months and every month the first two weeks of using the patch (oestrogen only) was OK, although I was feeling exhausted most of the time, my periods were light (they used to be so bad and heavy that I couldn't leave the house) my mood swings went (almost to the point I was just feeling pretty numb about everything - up or down!) I could sleep and just coped with everything much better. The last two weeks of every month when the Progesterone was thrown into the mix was hellish, agonising boobs, headaches, exhaustion, hazy, and my migraines that I have had all my life suddenly intensified, so much so that last month in the last week of my cycle and combined patches, I had 5 migraines with aura in 4 days... I was so ill.

I rang the Dr and her only suggestion was to go on to FemSeven Sequi as it is a different and perhaps more tolerable progesterone... unfortunately this is out of stock (apparently some back on the market this month?).

I just couldn't risk another month of migraines as it rendered me completely useless for a week.... my body just felt like I had too much of the extra hormones....

So, after much googling and agonising, this last cycle I have cut the Evorel in half to lower my dose of oestrogen and progesterone... I didn't want to stop cold turkey and I really want to try the femseven when it is available again... anyway, I feel much better, I have a lot more energy and touch wood no migraines so far. However, mid cycle, the day before I switched to the combined patch of oestrogen and progesterone I started bleeding quite heavily.

I know I have lowered the dose a lot but why would I have a heavy bleed mid cycle, does anybody know? I was like clockwork every month before HRT.

Thank you so much if you have any advice, I would really appreciate it, my Dr, although lovely, is quite clueless about it all!

SWJ

Hurdity

Re: Evorel Sequi 50 - Migraines, Exhaustion, Cut them in half.... help!!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 07:44:46 AM »

Hi SWJ

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your migraines and HRT woes.

You said your periods were previously light but if they were regular as clockwork then you were not really yet at perimenopause. That being the case the HRT is just adding to your existing hormones ie taking the patches would top up your oestrogen levels especially during the second half of the cycle, but will not suppress the cycle so your perimenopausal ovulation or lack of it will likely override the HRT - especially if you are only using half a patch.  Peri-menopause is often characterised by variation in bleeding amongst other things.

So the bleeding as well as other symptons could be caused by the beginning of peri-menopause which is diagnosed officially mainly by cyclical variation at first ( along with symptoms). If you didn't  ovulate one month then you wouldn't produce your own progesterone - and the amount in the half patch may not be enough - and therefore your womb lining may build up. The bleeding could be due to a late ovulation and the beginning of perimenopause.

If you are bleeding heavily, though, and this is unusual for you though, especially mid cycle, for reassurance I would consult your GP.

You might be interested in this article on peri-menopause here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Hope this helps and your issues are resolved soon

Hurdity x

SWJ

• First Flush
Re: Evorel Sequi 50 - Migraines, Exhaustion, Cut them in half.... help!!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 09:46:17 AM »

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post, really appreciate it.