Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Scared to try another HRT  (Read 1413 times)

Hopeful2

Scared to try another HRT
« on: September 05, 2022, 03:23:04 PM »

Hi Ladies

I'm still desperately struggling to find the right HRT.

I've tried Elleste Duet & Femoston 110 both gave me insanely itching scalp and hair loss and weeks later it still hasn't settled and I'm so upset over it.

I tried utrogestan & oestrogel too which gave me sore itchy spots on back though this was after a few week , but made my hair much better, so best one so far. Not sure if I should try this again.

I now have prescription for Femseven Sequi patches but I'm terrified they are going to make my scalp worse and hair fall out too. Im supposed to pick up prescription tomorrow and getting all panicked over it.

I would be so grateful if you have any advice please.

Thank you.

SWJ

• First Flush
Re: Scared to try another HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 03:34:19 PM »

Hi, Sorry I can't advise about the issues you have had but I can tell you that I have been trying to get FemSeven sequi patches due to a bad reaction to the progesterone in the Evorel sequi patches and they don't seem to be in stock anywhere in the UK, although there is apparently going to be some back in the country in September at some point!

Good luck.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 03:37:45 PM »

As you are sensitive to medications, I wonder if you could try a low dose of oestrogen alone just to see how you find it? Something like Evorel 25 and just see how that goes.

Hopeful2

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 04:15:09 PM »

Thank you both very much for your replies.

Would I still need to take progesterone with that flossieteacake as I still have periods? Would be great if I could take it without progesterone and low dose oestrogen would be best like you say.

If not I thought maybe femseven sequi might be ok as I used that progesterone before in the pill and was ok. The oestrogen in tablet form so far gives me unbearable itching and hair loss and I was hoping the patch might be better as I had less side effects with the gel, but maybe my thinking is wrong and I'm heading for the same side effects. Thanks so much for your help 💐

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 04:41:43 PM »

Thank you both very much for your replies.

Would I still need to take progesterone with that flossieteacake as I still have periods? Would be great if I could take it without progesterone and low dose oestrogen would be best like you say.

If not I thought maybe femseven sequi might be ok as I used that progesterone before in the pill and was ok. The oestrogen in tablet form so far gives me unbearable itching and hair loss and I was hoping the patch might be better as I had less side effects with the gel, but maybe my thinking is wrong and I'm heading for the same side effects. Thanks so much for your help 💐

You will always need progesterone but I was thinking of your body getting used to the oestrogen first and doing is at a slower pace. Progesterone is only not needed by women without their womb. If you want to try femseven sequi then I do not see why you cannot. You could always give it a go.

Hopeful2

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 06:11:14 PM »

Would you know if it's possible to cut the sequi patch in half or would that not be the right thing to do as there is progesterone in it? Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 06:13:09 PM »

Would you know if it's possible to cut the sequi patch in half or would that not be the right thing to do as there is progesterone in it? Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

I do not know but hopefully somebody who does will reply soon.  :)

SWJ

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 06:41:38 PM »

Hi, I asked a similar question earlier, I have cut my evorel sequi 50 patches in half as I was really struggling with the effects, especially the progesterone and oestrogen combi patch every 2 weeks. So far so good after the first 2 weeks, but I am having a massive mid cycle bleed, I guess because I'm mucking around with my hormone levels.

Hopeful2

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 07:48:15 PM »

Sorry to hear your having problems with your patches maybe you should ask the pharmacist if it's ok to half them I think I will do this too. Its so difficult trying to figure everything out on your own I wish the GP's knew more. Thank goodness for all the lovely knowledgeable ladies on this forum 😊

Dada39

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2022, 09:30:53 PM »

Hi Hopeful,
I am sorry about the situation.
Like you Femsoton gave mi this side effect (scalp et hairloss) and I am scared to start the patch aswell!
It is transdermal like the gel and the gel did your hair good.
I hope  the patch will suit you. Let us know.

I am seeing another gyne next week, hopefully she will listen to me when I will tell her that the oestradiol part of Femoston gave me hairloss.

Cheers!

Orba

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2022, 12:57:19 PM »

Hi Hopeful,
I so understand how you feel. I spent years trying different routes for HRT. With big " what's the point" gaps inbetween, where I felt dreadful. I tried different patches but had awful cramps and bleeding. I was ok with oestrogen gel but couldn't tolerate utrogesten.
it was only when I saw a female Gynae about another concern that I finally got the right mix for me.
She fitted a mirena coil so the progesterone element was where it needed to be and I started using estrogel. That was a year ago and I'm now fine.
I thought I'd never find the right HRT ,a female GP at my practice even said  when I was struggling " you 've had everything now  and there's nothing else - this was after covid and there was a year's waiting list to have a coil fitted.
If I'd not seen that Gynae  I don't know where I'd be now emotionally.
Maybe the mirena would be an option for you ?
The struggle is real isn't it.
Hugs x

Poppy61

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2022, 05:46:36 PM »

Hello Hopeful

Whichever hrt you decide on, I would start low and slow and build up.
I'm on Evorel combined patches and went down to 25 from 50 to avoid side effects, by letting my body become used to the oestrogen.
I cut my patches diagionally as advised by Evorel website. I didn't think I would get my hrt right, but with help from the lovely ladies here, I have. Keep persevering; its worth it x

Hopeful2

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2022, 06:29:51 PM »

Thank you all so much for your lovely messages and support. It really is encouraging that you eventually got relief 🤗.
Words can't express how grateful I am for your replies.

I was crying at work again today so embarrassed. I was up all night with extreme itching in both my legs, same place in each lower leg and itchy sore burning flaky scalp all day. Used head & shoulders scalp shampoo made it a million times worse. I stopped HRT weeks ago so can't blame that and I am only using a pea sized amount of estriol cream at night it can't be that can it? Or maybe it is.

Anyone else suffering with itchy flaky legs and burning itchy really flaky sore scalp?

Thank you so much for your caring help.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2022, 06:31:45 PM »

The extreme itching can actually be lack of oestrogen. I had this and it was a total nightmare. Even inside my ears and eyes were itchy. I really do sympathise as it is really uncomfortable.

Hopeful2

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2022, 06:43:45 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake 🤗.

Thanks very much for replying.

Did you have it in your scalp too? Don't know how to manage scalp scared about hair loss. Did you manage to take HRT to settle the dryness?
Pages: [1] 2