Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Spots/rash…  (Read 1146 times)

Songbird

Spots/rash…
« on: September 04, 2022, 03:24:43 PM »

Hi ladies
Just wondered if any of you have developed a rash/almost like red acne spots after starting HRT? Not sore or itchy just a bit unsightly.
I have been on evorel 50 patches and utrogestan 100 (oral) for, approx. 7 months now.  No other issues but this started, maybe, a month ago….
The rash is on my chest area (kind of between both collarbones (just below that area) if you see what I mean)..
Just wondering if oestrogen and/or progesterone could be the cause.
Thanks again for any thoughts  :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 03:26:20 PM by Songbird »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Spots/rash…
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 04:08:49 PM »

Oh er Missus  ::).  Is it under the skin or can you feel it?  Have U changed your washing powder at all?  I don't use as much in my machine as is recommended, have given up on 'comfort'-type conditions as they stick .........

Songbird

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 04:13:07 PM »

Oh er Missus  ::).  Is it under the skin or can you feel it?  Have U changed your washing powder at all?  I don't use as much in my machine as is recommended, have given up on 'comfort'-type conditions as they stick .........

Crikey, good job it’s not “down below” - don’t fancy going back to that gyn ward!
I can feel it on top of my skin. It just reminds me of teenage acne - but at 57  ;D
Funnily enough, I’ve started using Calgon in my washing machine. I wonder if it could be that?!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 05:51:35 PM »

Probably.  Any clothing that still smells of the powder/Calgon isn't rinsing throughly.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 09:01:20 PM »

I developed an allergic reaction to evorel patches after several months. Mine was under the patch but others have had it elsewhere. If you can't think what else you might be allergic perhaps have a break from hrt for a few days.

Songbird

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2022, 09:18:29 PM »

Oh thanks Sheila.
That's interesting you saying about the allergy occurring in places other than under the patch for some ladies. I just assumed if there was an allergy to evorel it would be under the patch 🤔..hmm, will have a think.. thanks again  ;)