News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 700 times)

Smokey

Nausea
« on: September 05, 2022, 01:34:51 PM »

Hi ladies

I am suffering from a lot of nausea at the moment has been every morning and sometimes lunchtime after I’ve eaten I’ve tried cutting out milk so it’s not that it’s not eating fatty food I’m having ginger tea  with breakfast and  now I’m trying travel sickness tablets which sometimes work sometimes don’t I wondered £100 to if any of you suffer the same have any tips

My thoughts are : hormones
                           Hiatus hernia
                           Ms treatment
                           Lanspronal

Could either of these be responsible.?

Smokey (Ann)

Flossieteacake

Re: Nausea
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 01:38:42 PM »

Hello Ann. If you have a hiatal hernia then ginger is going to make you feel worse, at least it does for me. Ginger repeats on me and I cannot consume it. Are you taking lansoprazole half an hour before breakfast?

VanillaLover

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 01:49:19 PM »

I get nausea due to hormones themselves, hot flushes from hormones, and due to trapped wing and digestive problems caused by hormones. So yes. Eat little and often and wait for it to go away is the only thing I can recommend!

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 01:49:43 PM »

Hi Ann

Nausea can be caused by many things, but it could be the lansoprazole.

https://www.drugs.com/lansoprazole.html

Do remember also that PPI’s can cause magnesium and vitamin B12 deficiency if taken long term. So you do need to supplement.

M x

Smokey

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 01:57:46 PM »

Hi I seem to be ok with ginger. I take the lanspronal at least 1/2 hour before breakfast sometimes 1 hour. I’ve been having a light period during this time too that’s why I’m wondering if it’s hormones.

Ann(Smokey)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 02:31:53 PM »

Nausea - probably hormonal.  Did U get this B4 your periods?  Awful  :-\

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 02:35:08 PM »

My nausea is caused by muscle aches in my back that are particularly worse after waking, I suffer every day and its all down to the aging process. The nausea usually clears by lunchtime and I expect that’s because I start to move around more and loosening up the muscles.

I’ve always been prone to nausea all through my adult life and it’s getting worse as I age.  I was given an exercise regime that I gave up on due to flare ups but I am going to go back to trying them again but this time keeping them light and not every day, which was a mistake apparently.

Smokey

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 03:09:31 PM »

I’ve been on lanspronal for nearly a year surely if they were the cause it would have appeared sooner rather than later.

I am due a medication review as soon as I can get an appointment so I will mention it. It’s so miserable having it together with hormones fluctuating I never seem to feel well anymore I’m still trying to get a referral to menopause clinic.
The process of getting a docs appointment with my gp is stressful and stress is bad for my ms. I’ve more luck with my ms nurse at least I can leave a message and know I’ll get a call back the same day, she has stressed to my doctor how important getting my hormones right will reflect how I’m feeling with my ms,  she has had no reply to her letter to them
I know they must be busy..

Ann(Smokey)

Marchlove

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 03:41:21 PM »

Hi Anne

No it wouldn’t have shown up right away as magnesium and B12 deficiency will take awhile to develop.

If you Google magnesium and b12 deficiency you will find many articles/studies saying that one of the first signs of deficiency of either is nausea.

My Gp tried to put me on omeprazole again a few months ago following covid as I got severe acid reflux. When I mentioned to her that last time I was on them for three years I ended up with magnesium and b12 deficiency she readily agreed that they can cause this. She suggested an alternative but when I asked her if they caused the same thing she said yes they all do but only with long term use.

I think it actually says this in the leaflet in the packets.

I’m sorry to hear you have MS, that must be very hard to live with along with hormonal upheaval so I do hope you get a referral to a menopause clinic soon. X

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 07:30:54 PM »

Dr James le Fans who writes for the Monday Telegraph thinks that Omeparzolol should be for short term use as the gut can over compensate and not make any acids at all.  Mine rumbles so I know the drug is doing what it's designed to do and not drying the gut too much.

Ayesha

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2022, 09:02:30 AM »

It would be great if all medicines could be for short term use but for a lot of conditions, that's impossible!
Take any supplements needed to compensate what the drugs are doing to your body and accept the fact that mostly all drugs have side effects.

Smokey

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 01:10:54 PM »

My my b12 has recently been checked by ms nurse and is ok and I take magnesium supps twice each day.

No I don’t usually get nausea before my period,Clkd.  I don’t normally have one as have the mirea coil fitted but luckily they are very light but not always the same time of the month, I gues they maybe caused by me increasing my oestrogel
But I’m not sure. 

Ann (Smokey)

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2022, 01:30:02 PM »

What about B4 the coil was fitted? 

Smokey

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2022, 04:24:42 PM »

Clkd I used to get a bit quesy if I went  to long without eating, now it’s whenever I eat and lasts for about 1 1/2 hrs.

I’m now wondering if it’s got anything to do with my hiatus hernia.  I may see if I can get a docs appointment but don’t hold out much hope.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2022, 07:25:19 PM »

It may be pressure on the lower stomach.  Here we have to speak to a receptionist who will decide which GP/Nurse will ring me back  ::)