Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Worrying myself about lack of bleeding  (Read 570 times)

VanillaLover

Worrying myself about lack of bleeding
« on: September 04, 2022, 09:46:34 AM »

I’ll try to make this brief!

Been on HRT about a year. 50mg patches plus 200mg utrogestan 14 days out of 28.

At no point has the utro made any difference to my periods at all. I don’t get a withdrawal bleed and I can start period while taking it.

In the last year periods have got more and more bonkers - can be 16 days apart or 38. They are still quite heavy although the trend is definitely towards getting lighter and lighter.

This last month I’ve skipped one completely for the first time ever.  Now on day 55 with no bleed.

So now I’m worried that my uterine lining is just building up in there and I should be shedding it.

Is that how it works ? Should I give the GP a ring?

Many thanks in advance for any advice

VL x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Worrying myself about lack of bleeding
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 10:04:48 AM »

Morning.  MayB put your HRT regime into the search box; separately; to see what threads pop up.  Is there any info into the leaflet in the box?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 12:19:12 PM »

Missing one won't do you any harm. If you miss several you could ask for a scan to check. My cycle was always stronger than the hrt one. I can tell when I ovulate so I start utro a couple of days later so the hrt cycle stays in step with my own. Now very late peri I bleed about 1 in 3 cycles, scan shows my lining isn't building up much though this may not be the same for you. When you miss them regularly you could move onto a conti regime but probably a bit soon yet. Utro doesn't seem to be the best at inducing bleeds. You might consider a mirena which is usually very good at keeping it thin.

VanillaLover

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 02:03:18 PM »

Thanks Sheila

I do wonder if a conti regime would be better- seeing as the sequi regime already makes no difference whether I’m taking progesterone or not! I’ll see what happens in the next month or two and talk to GP.

I don’t fancy a mirena somehow? I would consider trying a sequi patch and see if the synthetic progesterone is “better”. But seems daft seeing as I get on OK with utro. Although if it’s not doing it’s job ….

I guess if my lining does get very thick I will get breakthrough bleeding which I haven’t had in the last two months at all.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 03:15:29 PM »

If you move to a conti regime too soon you'll get breakthrough bleeding, you could ask your doc but I wouldn't do it based on only one missed cycle. I started on evorel sequi, my own cycle overrode that too though sometimes I got an addition hrt induced bleed as well as my own. It may be different for you though. Utro worked a treat for me while I still had a cycle as I was able to sync it with my own. It isn't necessarily true that the utro you take is doing nothing, it may be thinning the lining. Usually you'll bleed if the lining gets too thick but for some it keeps building up. I don't much fancy a mirena either but I'm seriously considering it. I get fatigue on utro so really not keen to take it daily.