Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wits end feeling almost suicidal  (Read 1970 times)

Vicky81

Re: Wits end feeling almost suicidal
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2022, 12:49:44 PM »

Thanks limpy....true enough, just get yourself intoa pickle at times with all this you kind of forget...

Thanks CLKD for taking the time to reply....I'm ok though now

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2022, 01:00:48 PM »

Dr Kathleen Dalton did a lot of research with ladies who suffered severe hormonal upheaval - might be worth while contacting NAPS - how is your diet over all Vicky81?  Low blood sugar can cause intense ups and downs.

vintagefiend

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2022, 01:11:36 PM »

this may be total misinformation (not a doctor, not a scientist!), but, if you feel better once you get your bleed, that might be due to a drop in progesterone?? i think, in a natural cycle, it's this drop that initiates the bleed
i was diagnosed with PMDD when i had periods and felt horrendous the week building up to bleed- so for me it was a sensitivity to increasing proesterone during trhe week before bleedng, resolved by the bleed itself (and therefore the decrease in prog)
i did try a chemical menopause which removed all sex hormones but ynfortunately didnt work for me as also very sesitive to low oestrogen
sorry- not much help, but just wanted you to know that you're not alone and f course it's not an issue for me now i'm menopausal and without periods!!
sending posiive vibes, hang on in there
oh and agree with tinkerbell re exercise- i wish i'd done it!! i think i'dhave had a much better experience- am tryingnow but hard work now menopausal. i know you said your back bad- so i hope it gets btter soon and you can do something it's my biggest regret- not exercising and not eating healthily- i'veeaten utter crap the last couple decades!!- but am addressing it now, there's still time!! xx

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2022, 01:23:02 PM »

Every experience is helpful vintagefiend so don't knock your comments  8)

laszla

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2022, 01:27:45 PM »

I agree with Vintagefiend, the fact that you get relief when your bleed starts definitely suggests this is some form of pms or even pmdd. Even though I'm postmenopausal and therefore get most of my hormones from HRT, I still have that underlying natural pattern and have found agnus castus very helpful (I think I've mentioned it to you before). I have it prescribed to me at the meno clinic and it definitely helps keep things on an even keel.

Also agree about exercise - it's vital and if you have a painful back even more so, as is practising some kind of relaxation tecnhique - there are loads of really good mediation sources, Insight Timer app is free and has so many types that there is something to suit everyone.

Yoga is also great but really any exercise that you like doing whether dancing, walking, weights, boxing, qigong will help body and soul.

As I recently mentioned on another post, my meno clinic at Chelsea & Westminster actually 'prescribes' me Meditation, yoga and diet in the section of my follow-up letter right below the dosage of estrogel etc.
In another words they should be part and parcel of any treatment.
Hope you feel better

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2022, 01:39:48 PM »

Do U feel better as the day progresses?

Vicky81

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2022, 03:02:12 PM »

Wow thank you so very much for your replies.

Yes I did/do have pmdd.....but this only came on when I was around 35/36....I noticed that the week leading up to my period I'd  get so tired I'd have to sleep..   then mood swings galore. Then peri hit when I turned 40 last year.

Makes sense now. So I'm guessing that I've done the right thing choosing an oestrogen dominant birth control pill?

And what happened to me on my good day was the fact that my progesterone went low and my oestrogen was higher?

Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2022, 03:04:55 PM »

I developed pre menstrual syndrome in my mid-30s.  I was advised to eat every 3 hours and found slow release foods really helpful. Certainly if I forgot to munch I felt really, really ill.

Don't over think?  Keep a note of what you are taking, eating, drinking and how you feel. 

Vicky81

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2022, 03:28:01 PM »

Thanks CLKD I will do x

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2022, 04:07:22 PM »

..... and breath ;-)

Vicky81

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2022, 05:36:01 PM »

Sending hugs to all...thank you xxxx

Pippa52

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2022, 06:00:57 PM »

Hi Vicky

So sorry to hear you have been having such a rough time my heart goes out to you it really does.  I am so glad that you have this site for support but please reach out to your GP or the Samaritans etc if you  need some professional help. Don#t suffer alone.  Sending love and hugs

Vicky81

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2022, 06:47:06 PM »

Awww pippa thanks alot....sending love and hugs back. I'd be lost without this site xxx

discogirl

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2022, 07:05:11 PM »

hi vicky

just read your post.

you are not alone and every woman on this site is behind you.

i know you don't feel it now but the sun will shine again.

im in a dark place myself but i know i will get through it and so will you.

more love and hugs xxxxxx

Vicky81

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2022, 08:06:22 PM »

Awwww disco girl....thank you!! How sweet are you....I hope you are ok? Here if u need a chat xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3