Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Exercise too much?  (Read 754 times)

Pjb

• First Flush
Exercise too much?
« on: September 02, 2022, 01:38:22 PM »

Hi I am a bit of a cardio junkie and do some kind of exercise daily. It is only for about 30/45 minutes each time. I am suffering badly at the moment with peri menopause mainly heart palpitations snd anxiety to the point I can’t drive just now. I am waiting on new hrt and hoping this helps, but was wandering if I’m exercising too much?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Exercise too much?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 01:43:40 PM »

Exercise - regular brisk walking will keep bones and heart healthy .  20 mins 3 times a week has been recommended but I think it's how a person feels B4 and after.  I know that I don't do enough so my stamina is not good.

What HRT did you try previously - [have you been here B4 ........ mayBe you told us then]  ::).  Which symptom would you like to ease?  Anxiety and palpitations could be caused by low oestrogen levels, I'm sure that someone will be along with advice.  What has been prescribed this time?

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

getting_old

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 03:35:47 PM »

Are the symptoms worse after exercising?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 04:18:34 PM »

Exercise - regular brisk walking will keep bones and heart healthy .  20 mins 3 times a week

The recommended minimum is 150 minutes brisk walking per week so 30 minutes five days a week would help improve heart health. I'm 30 minutes short this week  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 07:04:34 PM »

Tnx I'm well short ..... that's given me a guide though Taz.  If it hurts, mayB don't do as much Pjb?

SarahK50

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 01:35:37 PM »

Exercise releases cortisol which means too much can have a detrimental effect on palpitations and anxiety. It takes a holistic approach of trial and error ti find the sweet spot. Maybe do weights and low impact instead of all cardio and see how that feels