Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Periods on HRT  (Read 1149 times)

Ansie p

• First Flush
Periods on HRT
« on: September 02, 2022, 06:38:00 AM »

Hi all, Hope you are all coping well. Just wondered what happens if your on HRT and you don't have a period when you stop the progesterone (I take it 2 weeks of the month alongside a patch) I had all the feelings like it was going to arrive but it hasn't . Wondered if anyone else had experienced the same problem, do I just continue as normal with progesterone? Many thanks everyone.

Taz2

Re: Periods on HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 09:18:04 AM »

Hi Ansie. How long go did you stop the progesterone?

Taz x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 10:10:18 AM »

Carry on as normal and see what happens next month. It might be that your lining hasn't built up enough for a bleed or it might be that the hrt cycle is out of step with your own and you will bleed on your own cycle (my cycle was always stronger than the hrt one). Missing one won't do you any harm but if it happens often you might ask for a scan to check the lining is still thin. I bleed about one in 3 cycles, very late peri, probably had my last natural bleed).

Ansie p

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 09:26:05 AM »

Ah thanks guys! I think it's actually turning up. This is like a rollercoaster ride isnt it!! Dont know about you guys but I cry, feel depressed, have a bit more energy with the hrt  :) , horrendous periods, hoping it all get better in time, 2 months in on the hrt. Thanks for you help xx